Top rated business litigation attorney in Englewood, ColoradoGodfrey | Johnson, P.C.
Brett Godfrey has over 30 years of trial experience with a substantial scientific, medical and aviation background. He has served as lead counsel in more than 95 civil jury trials throughout the United States. He was designated by Law Week as the "Best Commercial Litigator" in Colorado. He is rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell's Peer Review Rating System (the highest attorney rating available). He was listed by Denver's 5280 Magazine as a Top Colorado Super Lawyer (2006, 2010-2020).Mr. Godfrey's extensive jury trial experience includes complex scientific and medical issues, patent law, insurance law, medical and legal malpractice, financial institution liability, computer liability, civil rights, employment discrimination, product liability, premises liability and business tort and contract claims throughout the US. He also has substantial experience in FINRA securities arbitrations and SEC investigations.
Mr. Godfrey is also a chemical engineer and author whose published works include several articles and book chapters in respected legal publications. Mr. Godfrey is a former United States Air Force officer, a pilot, and is experienced in aviation law.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Aviation and aerospace, Civil litigation: defense, Construction litigation: business, Insurance coverage, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1987, Colorado
Professional Webpage: http://gojolaw.com/brett-godfrey/
- Admitted to practice in all Colorado state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, all Wyoming state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Wyoming, Texas State Courts and Pennsylvania Courts. Fellow, Colorado Bar Foundation Fellow, Arapahoe County Bar Foundation Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America Member, Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association Member, American, Colorado, Denver, and Wyoming Bar Associations Member, Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association
- Juris Doctor, 1987, University of Tulsa College of Law Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, 1983, University of Wyoming
- Multi-engine instrument pilot.
- Obtained $3.25 million settlement for homeowners in construction defect action., 2009
- Won a patent infringement case in US District Court., 2016
- Obtained a $14.8 million settlement for Larimer County regarding construction defect of the property known as The Ranch., 2012
- Obtained defense verdict for attorney clients in lawyer malpractice action despite state supreme court finding that counsel had been ineffective., 2007
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America in personal injury category., 2016
- Barrister's Best - Construction Defect: Defense, Law Week Colorado, 2016
- Barrister’s Best coverage includes a list of 100 of the best lawyers in the state, as selected by their peers and by Law Week Colorado’s “Barrister.”, Barrister's Best - Best Commercial Litigator, Law Week Colorado, 2015
- Construction Defect
- Heavy Equipment
- Super Lawyers: 2006, 2010 - 2023