Richard B. Vincent
Top Rated Elder Law Attorney in Englewood, CO
A founding partner of Vincent, Romeo & Rodriguez, LLC, Richard B. Vincent has dedicated his career to helping Colorado's elderly and disabled with their legal issues. From the firm's offices in Englewood and Boulder County, he handles a variety of matters, including obtaining Medicaid eligibility for assisted living and nursing home care, estate planning with wills and trusts, powers of attorney, conservatorships and guardianships, disability planning, special needs trusts and probate matters.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Vincent attended the University of Michigan and received a Bachelor of Arts in 1977. He then was awarded a Master's in Business Administration from the University of Denver Daniels College of Business in 1983 and his Juris Doctor from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law in the same year. Mr. Vincent also possesses a certificate in gerontology from the University of Denver Graduate School of Social Work. He is admitted to practice before all Colorado state courts.
An active participant in a variety of professional organizations, Mr. Vincent is certified as an elder law attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation. He is a member of the Colorado Bar Association, the Denver Bar Association, the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, and the Life Care Planning Law Firms Association. He is a former chair of the Colorado Bar Association’s Elder Law Section, a former staff volunteer for Colorado Legal Services and the Adult Protection Program of the Denver Department of Human Services, and a past editor of the newsletter published by the Trust and Estate Section of the Colorado Bar Association. Mr. Vincent has also authored sections of the Colorado Senior Law Handbook. Highly regarded by his peers, he has received a "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
About Richard B. Vincent
First Admitted: 1984, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.elderlawcolorado.com/Our-Professionals/Richard-B...
Pro bono/Community Service
- Denver County Adult Protection Division, Former Staff Volunteer
- Board Member - DRCOG Advisory Board - Legal Aid Services
- Denver Legal Aid, Former Staff Volunteer
- University of Denver Graduate School of Social Work, Certificate in Gerontology, 1996
- Board Member - Special Needs Trust Network, Inc. - a Colorado non-profit pooled trust(SNTN) for people with disabilities. Offers financial oversight and guidance, long-range planning strategies to preserve public benefits, individualized care management, and specialized trust management services.
- Colorado, 1984
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- Nevada, 1990
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- Florida, 1988
- Georgia, 1989
- Life Care Planning Law Firms Association, Member
- Colorado Bar Association, Elder Law Section, Past Co-Chair
- Denver Bar Association, Member
- Certified Elder Law Attorney, National Elder Law Foundation
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 1983
- University of Michigan, B.A., Honors: With Honors, 1977
- University of Denver Graduate School of Business, M.B.A., 1983
- Probate and Trust Law Section newsletter, Elder Law Section of the Colorado Bar Association, Past Editor, 1994
- Colorado Handbook of Elder Law, Contributing Author, Third Edition: Medicaid Eligibility for Long-Term Care; Supplemental Care Trusts, Disability Trusts and Discretionary Trusts
- Interaction of VA and Medicaid, Presenter, Colorado Elder Law Retreat, 2011
- , Top Attorneys in Colorado, Denver Post, 2013
- National Academy Of Elder Law Attorneys ("NAELA"); Life Care Planning Law Firms Association (LCPLFA)
Last Updated: 5/15/2022