A criminal defense attorney who assists clients throughout the San Luis Valley, Englewood, Alamosa and Denver, Colorado, Tray Stephany is the lawyer behind his eponymous law firm. For over a decade, he has been fighting for the rights of those accused of any type of felony or misdemeanor offenses such as traffic tickets, domestic violence, drug offenses, sex crimes, assault and battery, and probation violations.
Apart from criminal defense, Mr. Stephany’s experience has extended to family law. He helps families navigate legal issues such as divorce, child custody, child support, spousal maintenance, child relocation and restraining orders.
Mr. Stephany completed his Juris Doctor program with a concentration in litigation from the Western Michigan University Cooley Law School in 2008 after obtaining his Bachelor of Arts in sociology from Montana State University in Bozeman. He was licensed to practice in Colorado in 2009.
Litigating every case with a well-thought-out logical strategy, high-quality work and solid reputation is Mr. Stephany’s top priority. In recognition of his outstanding client service and accomplishments, he was listed among the Top 100 Colorado Criminal Defense Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers. He holds an Avvo 10.0 client rating.
Along with maintaining a successful legal practice, Mr. Stephany stays involved in the legal community. He is a member of the Alamosa County Chamber of Commerce, the Denver Bar Association and the Colorado Bar Association’s family law section and criminal law section. He also has extensive experience providing pro bono services and is a member of Metro Volunteer Lawyers.
First Admitted: 2009, Colorado
- The Law Offices of Tray Stephany wrote a summary of the basic working for Colorado's Title 13 Civil Protection Orders. , Colorado Title 13 Protection Orders, 2018
- Denver Bar Association, 2020
- The Law Offices of Tray Stephany is recognized by the National Trail Lawyers Top 100 Colorado Criminal Trial Lawyers from 2014 - 2020., Top 100 Trial Lawyers for Colorado (criminal section), National Trial Lawyers, 2020
- Recognized as a Top 100 Colorado Criminal Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers from 2014 through 2019
- Selected to Super Lawyers as a Rising Star for 2019 (as published in the Denver Post)
- The Law Offices of Tray Stephany is rated 10 by Avvo.com. An Avvo.com 9-10 rating is their "Superb" and highest rating, Avvo rating 10, Avvo, 2021
- Tray Stephany will be presenting a lecture on Colorado's self defense law on December 8, 2021, Presenter, Colorado Self Defense Law, 2nd Amendment Advocates, 2021
- Law Offices of Tray Stephany accepted a criminal case pro bono. The case was prepared for a jury trial set for November 16, 2021. The prosecution dismissed the case on the morning of the jury trial, 2021
- November 2021 pro bono jury trial. Case dismissed on day of trial, 2021
- Colorado Bar Association, 2021
- Denver Bar Association, 2020
- Colorado Bar Association Family Law Section, 2021
- Colorado Bar Association Criminal Law Section, 2021
- Rising Stars: 2019