T. Thomas Metier
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Fort Collins, CO
T. Thomas Metier is the senior managing member of Metier Law Firm LLC. He represents clients in Colorado Springs, Denver and Fort Collins, Colorado, as well as people living in Wyoming and Nebraska. Mr. Metier focuses his practice on personal injury, handling cases involving motorcycle accidents, traumatic brain injuries, trucking accidents, motor vehicle accidents, bicycle accidents, burn injuries, spinal cord injuries and paralysis, oil field accidents, industrial accidents, wrongful death, insurance bad faith, nursing home negligence and abuse, psychological injuries, products liability and premises liability.
In 1977, Mr. Metier graduated cum laude from Coe College with a Bachelor of Arts. While in college, he was involved in a motorcycle accident. This experience, combined with his passion for helping others, inspired him to seek a career in law. Mr. Metier attended The University of Iowa College of Law and received his Juris Doctor in 1981.
For the past 30 years, Mr. Metier has devoted himself to helping people receive the financial compensation they are entitled to. He knows the many challenges associated with personal injury accidents and is known as an aggressive advocate for victims of negligent acts. He is certified as a civil trial advocate by the National Board of Legal Specialty Certification. Furthermore, Mr. Metier's superior skills and adherence to ethics have earned him the highest rating possible of AV-Preeminent* from Martindale Hubbell.
Mr. Metier shares his knowledge and experience with other attorneys and judges as a member of the faculty for Trial Lawyers College. He is also a member of several organizations, including the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, The American Association for Justice and Warriors for Justice.
* AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 80%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About T. Thomas Metier
First Admitted: 1981, Colorado
Professional Webpage: http://www.metierlaw.com/Bio/TomMetier.asp
- Coe College, B.A., Cum Laude, 1977
- Frequent Speaker at Legal Seminars and a Teacher of Trial Skills to Attorneys across the Country
- Member, American Association for Justice, 1986 - Present
- Member, Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce, 1988 - 1989
- Colorado, 1981
- Member, Larimer County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court District of Wyoming, 1985
- Director, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Colorado Bar Association, 1981 - Present
- Member, Colorado Alliance for Insurance Reform, 1989 - Present
- Faculty Member, Trial Lawyers College
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1987
- Member, Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association, 1989 - Present
- Member, Coloradoans for Civil Justice, 1990 - 1991
- Warriors for Justice, 1996 - Present
- Wyoming, 1989
- Member, AAJ's President's Club
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1981
- Member, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Executive Committee, 1986 - Present
- "Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers"
- Tau Kappa Epsilon
- Omicron Delta Epsilon
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
- American Association Of Justice
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association
- Trial Lawyers College
- Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association
- Thanks for the great review, Jim! We're so glad we could be of service to you, and we're happy to hear that you had… https://t.co/95zwZUqpxh
- Whether you have a question about your case or you're just too busy to book an appointment, feel free to use the li… https://t.co/AdYt36e5Wk
- Our attorneys understand the risks of the trades and are knowledgeable about the laws surrounding workers' compensa… https://t.co/Y5FuFf9pNT
- Ever wondered what would happen if you were driving and a pedestrian caused you to crash? Attorney Mike Chaloupka e… https://t.co/s2PCP7gSd5
- Don't be a statistic! Keep an eye out for motorcyclists on the road, and always wear a helmet when riding a motorcy… https://t.co/6yFYE70Fdp
Last Updated: 5/15/2022