Dana L. Eismeier
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Greenwood Village, CO
Attorney Dana L. Eismeier is a shareholder at Burns, Figa & Will in Greenwood Village, Colorado. Mr. Eismeier specializes in complex commercial litigation, and represents clients in contract, financial, LLC/shareholder, rodeo/agricultural and whistleblower litigation. He also advises clients regarding employment law, and handles matters involving discrimination, noncompete agreements and wage and hour litigation.
Mr. Eismeier has been licensed to practice law for over 30 years. His work has resulted in numerous million- and multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts.
Licensed to practice in all Colorado state courts, Mr. Eismeier is admitted before various federal courts. These include the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 5th and 10th Circuits, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Eismeier has served in many leadership roles over the course of his career. He served on the steering committee for the incorporation of the City of Castle Pines. He is the immediate past of president of the Colorado Notre Dame Lawyers Committee, and a former president of the Whisper Canyon Homeowners Association. He is also a past president and an active member of The Law Club, a Denver-based legal association.
Mr. Eismeier graduated summa cum laude from Alma College and is a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He earned his law degree from The University of Notre Dame Law School and was a member of the Notre Dame Law Review.
About Dana L. Eismeier
First Admitted: 1984, Colorado
Professional Webpage: http://www.bfwlaw.com/people/dana-eismeier/
- Alma College, Alma, Michigan, B.A., Honors: summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals (1994)
- U.S. District Court, Colorado (1985)
- President, Whisper Canyon Homeowners Association (2009 – 2013).
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals (2001)
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals (1992)
- Steering Committee Member, Incorporation of the City of Castle Pines (2007-2008)
- U. S. Supreme Court (2002)
- U.S. Claims Court (1992)
- Colorado (1984)
- President, Colorado Notre Dame Lawyers Committee (2016-2017)
Pro bono/Community Service
- Law Club of Denver (1990 – Present); President (2001)
- Notre Dame Law Review, University Of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
- Colorado Supreme Court Broadens Factors to Assess Independent Contractor-Employee Status
- Colorado Bar Association Business Law Newsletter (2014)
- Top 11 Ways to Avoid that Day in Court” – Colorado Business Magazine, December (2012)
Last Updated: 5/15/2022