David A. Lamb
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Greenwood Village, CO
Attorney David A. Lamb is a partner with Sherr Puttmann Akins Lamb PC law firm in Greenwood Village, Colorado. A nationally ranked lawyer with more than 25 years of total legal experience, Mr. Lamb focuses his practice primarily on family law, and he provides exceptional counsel and support to clients across his region who are going through a divorce or have some other serious legal challenge affecting their families.
Early in his legal career, Mr. Lamb served as Senior Deputy District Attorney, where he gained invaluable experience prosecuting child abuse and domestic violence matters. Although very comfortable in the courtroom, he prefers to use mediation and negotiation to help his clients resolve their conflicts and reach favorable agreements in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible.
Whether inside or outside the courtroom, Mr. Lamb maintains an unwavering focus on protecting his clients' rights and best interests, as well as those of their children, and he routinely acts as guardian ad litem in domestic and juvenile cases. In honor of his remarkable professionalism and service, Ms. Lamb has earned consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America, along with many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers.
After graduating with special distinction from The University of Oklahoma in 1993, Mr. Lamb attended Northwestern University School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1996. A leader in his field, he has written extensively and conducted lectures and continuing legal education seminars on a variety of legal topics, and he regularly appears on a local radio news program, where he offers in-depth legal commentary on various subjects.
Mr. Lamb holds his license to practice in Colorado and Illinois, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado. He is also an active member of the Douglas, Denver, Arapahoe and Colorado Bar Associations, the Colorado Bar Association's Family Law Section, the Colorado Judicial Institute, and the Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee.
- 100%Family Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022
About David A. Lamb
First Admitted: 1997, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.spalfamilylaw.com/professionals/david-a-lamb/
- I have been a member of the CBA for over 15 years. I was a member of the Criminal Law Advisory Committee in 2007. I am also a member of various county bar associations.
- Member – Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee
- Member – Colorado Judicial Institute
- Member – Colorado Bar Association Family Law Section
- Member – Douglas, Denver, Arapahoe and Colorado Bar Associations
- Illinois Bar – Admitted in October 1996
- Colorado Bar – Admitted in September 1997
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado – Admitted in 1998
- University of Oklahoma Bachelor's Degree - Public Administration, 1993
- , Top 100 Lawyer: Colorado, Super Lawyers 2021, Super Lawyers, 2022
- Top 100 Lawyer: Colorado, Super Lawyers 2021
- , Best Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, 2022, 2022
- David has been awarded one of the Best Lawyers in America for 2021, Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2021
- David was awarded one of the Best Lawyers in America for 2020., Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2020
- In 2020 the firm was awarded one of the Best Law Firms in America by US News and Best Lawyers., Best Law Firms, US News and Best Lawyers, 2020
- , 5280 Magazine’s Top Lawyers List – 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- 2020 Top Lawyer in Family Law awarded by 5280 Magazine, Top Lawyer in Family Law, 5280 Magazine, 2020
- 2019 Best Law Firms in America US News and Best Lawyers, Firm Awarded One of Best Law Firms in America, US News and Best Lawyers, 2019
- 2019 Super Lawyer Super Lawyers, Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2019
- 2019 Best Lawyers in America Best Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2019
- Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2015
- Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2016
- Firm Awarded One of Best Law Firms, US News and Best Lawyers, 2015
- Firm Awarded One of Best Law Firms, US News and Best Lawyers, 2018
- Awarded one of Colorado’s Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers- 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2017
- Firm Awarded One of Best Law Firms, US News and Best Lawyers, 2016
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2017
- Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2018
- Firm Awarded One of Best Law Firms, US News and Best Lawyers, 2014
- Firm Awarded One of Best Law Firms, US News and Best Lawyers, 2017
- October 9, 2019 I was the speaker at a CoBar Luncheon. Title was "Child's Out of Court Statement", Speaker, Child's Out of Court Statement, CoBar, Family Law Attorneys, 2019
- 2019 I coached Evidence Practicum at the Family Law Evidence Practicum., Coach, Evidence Practicum, Family Law Evidence Practicum, Family Law, 2019
- On the Faculty for the Family Law Evidence Practicum, lecturing and coaching direct and cross examination., Lecturer / Coach, Direct and Cross Examination, Family Law Evidence Practicum, Family Law, 2019
- Speaker, Sex Addiction in Family Law Cases, MDIC, 2017
Last Updated: 5/15/2022