Emily P. Koekkoek
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Greenwood Village, CO
Emily P. Koekkoek is a family law attorney at Sherr Puttmann Akins Lamb PC in Greenwood Village, Colorado. Serving clients throughout Colorado with their family law concerns, Ms. Koekkoek has over nine years of experience practicing law. She represents clients with matters including divorce, child custody, modification of child support/maintenance/parenting time, adoption proceedings, paternity actions, dependency and neglect cases, and family law appeals.
By providing compassionate counsel to her clients, Ms. Koekkoek helps them with their legal matters with an unwavering commitment and zeal. She customizes strategies for each unique family law case and keeps her clients informed at all times. Ms. Koekkoek is mindful of the sensitive nature of these issues and helps her clients navigate through this difficult time and feel good about their next steps.
Ms. Koekkoek has a Bachelor of Arts degree from the McGill University, majoring in political science and philosophy. She earned her Juris Doctor from the University of Oregon School of Law with a dean’s scholarship. Along with her law degree, Ms. Koekkoek received a certificate in environment and natural resources law.
Ms. Koekkoek is the recipient of many endorsements and accolades from her peers. She has been named on the Ones to Watch list by Best Lawyers, which is based on peer review in 2021 and 2022. Ms. Koekkoek completed the 40 Hour Mediation Training with Judy Mares-Dixon. The law firm Sherr Puttmann Akins Lamb PC is listed among America’s Best Law Firms consistently since 2012.
Highly involved in pro bono activities, Ms. Koekkoek is a volunteer with Project Safeguard, a nonprofit organization that provides justice and safety for victims of gender-based violence. She is also a volunteer attorney and a Board Member of the Metro Volunteer Lawyers by the Denver Bar Association.
She is a member of the Colorado Bar Association’s Family Law Section, the Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee, the Denver Bar Association and the Arapahoe County Bar Association. Ms. Koekkoek is a Board Member of the Arapahoe County Bar Association, focusing on community outreach in the community.
About Emily P. Koekkoek
First Admitted: 2012, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.spalfamilylaw.com/professionals/emily-koekkoek/
- Colorado, 2012
- Member of the Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee, 2022
- Member of the Colorado Bar Association, 2022
- Member of the Colorado Bar Association Family Law Section, 2022
- Member of the Denver County Bar Association, 2022
- Board Member of the Arapahoe County Bar Association. , 2022
- McGill University, Bachelor of Arts, Major in Political Science and Philosophy, 2009
- Completed 40 Hour Mediation Training Course with Judy Mares-Dixon, 2018
- The award is a recognition given to attorneys who are earlier in their careers for outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the United States. Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recipients typically have been in practice for 5-9 years. , One’s to Watch, Best Lawyers , 2022
- , Best Law Firm, US News and Best Lawyers, 2021
- Dean’s Scholarship, University of Oregon Law School, 2009-2012
- Summer Stipend Recipient, Friends of Land Air Water, 2011
- Grant Recipient, Peter Moores Foundation Barbados, 2011
- Best Law Firm, US News and Best Lawyers, 2020
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch is based entirely on peer review and employs the same methodology that has made Best Lawyers the hold standard of legal rankings worldwide. The Ones to Watch recipients typically have been in practice for 5-9 years., One's to Watch, Best Lawyers, 2021
- US News and Best Lawyers, 2019
- US News and Best Lawyers, 2018
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer Attorney with Metro Volunteer Lawyers, 2022
- Volunteer with Project Safeguard., 2022
- Board Member of the Metro Volunteer Lawyers. , 2022
Last Updated: 5/23/2022