Top rated Family Law attorney in Greenwood Village, ColoradoFeingold Horton, PLLC
Practice Areas: Family Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution; view more
Licensed in Colorado since: 1987
Education: University of Denver Sturm College of Law
Feingold Horton, PLLC6161 South Syracuse Way
Greenwood Village, CO 80111 Visit website
Frances Fontana works as of counsel at Feingold Horton, PLLC, situated in Greenwood Village, Colorado. She focuses her practice solely on family law matters and has over 35 years of experience practicing law. She takes on cases involving divorce, child and spousal support, paternity, equitable distribution of property, grandparents’ rights and many more.
Graduating from The University of Iowa, Ms. Fontana has a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology. She obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. Ms. Fontana is a zealous advocate for her clients’ rights and liberties. Ms. Fontana understands the sensitive nature of family law matters, and she provides compassionate and empathetic counsel, both inside and outside of the courtroom.
Actively affiliated with notable legal associations, Ms. Fontana is a member of the Peer Professionalism Assistance Group. She served as the past chair of the Colorado Bar Association’s Family Law Section and the Metropolitan Volunteer Lawyers Governing Board.
Ms. Fontana also served as the past president of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts’ Colorado Chapter, the Colorado State Interdisciplinary Committee and the Metropolitan Denver Interdisciplinary Committee. She was previously a member of the Domestic Violence Task Force and the Supreme Court Standing Committee on Family Issues.
Because of the outstanding legal services she provides, Fontana was included in the list of The Best Lawyers in America for Family Law since 2006 and is the recipient of the Charles B. Dillon Award for Outstanding Public Service from the Arapahoe County Bar Association.
For her enthusiastic and efficient involvement in the pro bono field, Ms. Fontana was recognized as Barristers Benefit Ball Honoree by the Metro Volunteer Lawyers. Ms. Fontana has an AV Preeminent* peer review rating by Martindale Hubbell for her remarkable legal capability and ethical standards.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alimony & Spousal Support, Arbitration, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Juvenile Law, Marital Property, Mediation, Paternity, Same Sex Family Law
- 90% Family Law
- 10% Alternative Dispute Resolution
First Admitted: 1987, Colorado
Professional Webpage: http://feingoldhorton.com/fran-fontana/
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America for Family Law since 2006
- Recognized as a Colorado Super Lawyer each year since 2006 and has been given an AV Preeminent Rating by both her peers and the judiciary
- For volunteer work in providing access to justice, Barristers Benefit Ball Honoree, Metro Volunteer Lawyers and DBA, 2009
- In recognition of outstanding public service, Charles B. Dillon Award of Merit, Arapahoe County Bar Association, 2001
- Colorado Bar Association
- Former Member of the Domestic Violence Task Force
- Former Member of the Supreme Court Standing Committee on Family Issues
- Peer Professionalism Assistance Group (PPAG)
- Colorado Chapter of the AFCC
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Family Law Section of the Colorado Bar Association
- Arapahoe County Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Chair of the Metropolitan Denver Interdisciplinary Committee, 1998
- Past Chair of the CBA Family Law Section
- Chair Metro Volunteer Lawyers governing board, 2005
- President of the Colorado State IDC, 2000
- Chair of the Colorado Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, 2017
- University of Iowa Bachelor of Arts , 1982
Office location for Frances Fontana
6161 South Syracuse Way
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023