Top Rated Securities Litigation Attorney in Greenwood Village, CO
Jeffrey Pederson is a solo attorney in Greenwood Village, Colorado, with a practice focused on securities fraud. Mr. Pederson has over 20 years of legal experience representing investors in Greenwood Village and throughout the Denver, Colorado, area.
Mr. Pederson has extensive experience with cases involving breach of fiduciary duty, FINRA arbitration, malpractice, negligence, unstable securities and various types of fraud. Over the course of his career, he has participated in arbitrations, mediations and litigation, recovering millions of dollars in settlements and judgments for the clients he serves.
Recognized as a knowledgeable and valued member of his legal community, Mr. Pederson is the author of articles for publications including in the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Trial Talk and the American Association for Justice. He strives to keep his legal knowledge and skills current and is a longtime member of the Public Investors Advocate Bar Association.
After completing his undergraduate studies at the University of Colorado, Mr. Pederson graduated from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. He holds a license to practice law before all Colorado state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit.
Prior to founding his own law firm, Mr. Pederson spent several years practicing at a major law firm, where he represented investors. This experience allowed him to increase his experience with mismanagement and securities fraud, which he now uses to provide the highest quality of legal service to his clients.
About Jeffrey Pederson
First Admitted: 1998, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.jpedersonlaw.com/overview.asp
- Parker v. United Securities Alliance, FINRA No. 13-00536
- Haynes v. City of Gunnison, 214 F.Supp.2d 1119 (D.Colo.2002)
- Medina v. State of Colorado, (Colorado Court of Appeals) 17 P.3d 178 (Colo.App.2000)
- Medina v. State of Colorado, (Colorado Supreme Court) 35 P.3d 443 (Colo. 2001)
- Collins v. Edward Jones, NYSE 03-011333
- Wiedemann v. Morgan Stanley, NYSE 03-011498
- Weaver v. Washington Square Securities, NASD 03-03768
- Brooks v. Morgan Keegan, FINRA 11-03286
- Sacco v. Community Bankers Securities, FINRA 10-01497
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (legislative committee, 2006 and 2013, Dodd Frank committee 2011)
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, 2001
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 2007
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, 1999
- State of Colorado, 1998
Pro bono/Community Service
- I volunteer as high school speech/debate judge
- Moderated a panel that spoke at the national Public Investor Arbitration Bar Association. The panel discussed the liability of securities brokerages for brokers who sell investments ultra vires, Moderator, Broker Selling Away - How to Optimize Your Case, PIABA - Public Investor Arbitration Bar Association, 2016
- TheStreet.Com, “Caveat Emptor, Investors: The Regulators Are Trying to Protect You”, June 18, 2014
- "The Causal Connection between Gadolinium-based MRI Contrast Dye and Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis", American Association for Justice ("AAJ"), Section Connection, November 2007
- "So Your Client Wants to Sue her Stockbroker", Colorado Trial Lawyers Association ("CTLA"), Trial Talk Magazine, December 2011
- Quoted in the Federal Register concerning a change to the rules of procedure for securities arbitrations adopted by the Securities and Exchange Commission. FR Doc No: E6-17563
- Kiplinger's Personal Finance, "Problematic High-Yield Investments", May 7, 2013
- Wall Street Journal, "States Aim to Intensify Checks of Barred Brokers", June 4, 2015
- Bloomberg, "The Flatter U.S. Yield Curve Is Roiling Mom and Pop Investors", April 26, 2018
- NBC News, “Designed to Distract: Stock App Robinhood Nudges Users to Take Risks", September 12, 2019
- Public Investors
Last Updated: 5/15/2022