Lorna H. Horton
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Greenwood Village, CO
An attorney at Feingold Horton, PLLC, Lorna H. Horton focuses her practice exclusively on divorce and other family law matters. From the firm’s office in Greenwood Village, Colorado, she provides dedicated representation to clients throughout the greater Denver metropolitan area. Admitted to practice in Colorado since 2007, Ms. Horton is also admitted to practice in Kansas and Missouri as well as before several federal courts in those three jurisdictions.
The primary portion of Ms. Horton’s client base is made up of people who are facing the end of their marriages and who are thus having to deal with such divorce-related issues as the division of complex community assets and financial obligations, child custody and visitation, and spousal and child support. An experienced trial attorney, she is a forceful courtroom advocate on their behalf when litigation becomes necessary, but she is also a skilled negotiator, and this allows her to often help them come to an accord on some or all of those matters through the use of alternative dispute resolution.
Ms. Horton also represents clients whose marriages have already been legally dissolved and who are now seeking the enforcement of or modifications to existing parenting and support court orders, and she regularly prepares and reviews prenuptial and post-marital agreements. The high quality of her work in all of these family law matters has earned her a great deal of recognition from her fellow attorneys, including a 10.0 “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo. A 1997 graduate of the Washburn University School of Law, Ms. Horton is a member of several legal organizations, including the Family Law Section of the Colorado Bar Association.
About Lorna H. Horton
First Admitted: 1997, Kansas
Professional Webpage: http://feingoldhorton.com/lorna-h-horton/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer, Metro Volunteer Lawyers
- Presentation: “Grandparent Visitation: The Legal Standards Under Title 14 and Title 19,” Family Law Institute, 2017
- Published: Communicating with an Expert – COAFCC, 2016
- Co-Author, Published: Innovation of Family Law Cases – COAFCC, 2016
- Presentation: ”Relocation: The Legal Standard in an Initial Determination and in a Post-Decree Determination,” Family Law Section, Young Lawyers Division, 2019
- AVVO Client Choice Award – 2016
- Awarded Colorado “Super Lawyer,” Super Lawyers – 2020
- Top Attorney in Colorado – American Registry 2020
- Best Lawyers in America – Women in the Law – 2019
- Best Lawyers in America – Family Law – 2018, 2019, and 2020
- State and Federal Courts of Colorado
- State and Federal Courts of Kansas
- State and Federal Courts of Missouri
- Family Law Section – CBA
- El Paso County Bar Association
- Arapahoe Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Wichita State University, Magna Cum Laude, B.A.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022