Thomas P. Walsh, III
Top Rated Health Care Attorney in Greenwood Village, CO
Selected to Rising Stars: 2015 - 2018
Thomas P. Walsh, III, is a business and health care attorney in Greenwood, Village, Colorado. Mr. Walsh is the founder of T. Walsh Law Firm, Ltd, and serves clients throughout the Denver metropolitan area.
Mr. Walsh advises business clients on many issues, including confidential information, copyright law, trademark law, trade secrets, business formation, compliance, corporate governance and licensing. When matters cannot be resolved outside of the courtroom, he is a strong litigator and fights hard on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Walsh earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Richmond and received his law degree from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. He also holds an international master’s degree in business administration from the University of Denver – Daniels College of Business. He holds a license to practice law before all Colorado state courts.
Prior to founding his own law practice, Mr. Walsh served as a clerk for a 2nd Judicial District judge. He also practiced as an in-house attorney for software and technology corporations and at a large international law firm.
Active in this legal community, Mr. Walsh belongs to the Denver Bar Association, the Colorado Bar Association, the Colorado Intellectual Property Inn of Court and the Thompson G. Marsh Inn of Court. He serves as an adviser to the board of the Denver Gaels GAA Club and Irish Network Colorado.
Mr. Walsh has served as vice-president of the Five Points Historic Cultural District and has served on the organization’s board of directors. He also volunteers with Denver Legal Nights and is a member of the Colorado Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
- 20%Health Care
- 50%Business Litigation
- 10%Intellectual Property
- 10%Real Estate: Business
Hospital Law, Health & Health Care Law, Trade Secret, Non-Compete Agreements, Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Contracts, Business Organizations, Copyrights, Trademarks, Intellectual Property Law
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2018
About Thomas P. Walsh, III
First Admitted: 2008
Professional Webpage: http://www.walshiplaw.com/about/
- Thompson Marsh Inn of Court
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Colorado IP Inn of Court
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Treasurer, United States Gaelic Athletic Association. The USGAA is the governing body of the Irish sports of camogie, hurling and Gaelic football in the United States, and the board serves as a liaison between members and clubs in the United States and the Gaelic Athletic Association in Dublin, Ireland, 2020
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer with Legal Night Legal clinic
- Advisor to Board of Irish Network Colorado
- Former Vice President and Board Member of Rotary Club of Five Points Cultural District
- Advisor to Board of Denver Gaels G.A.A. Club, Inc., a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization
- Provided an overview of U.S. copyright law to Spanish-speaking students enrolled in business development programs at the Mi Casa Resource Center in Denver, Colorado, 2019
- Treasurer, U.S. Gaelic Athletic Association, the national governing body of the Irish sports of camogie, hurling and Gaelic football in the United States
- An analysis of recent decisions related to patent tying, whereby a party seeks to extend the monopoly granted through a patent, such as a printer cartridge, to a product outside the scope of the patent, such as printer ink. , author, Defining the Relevant Market: Impacts of the Abolition of the Presumption of Market Power in Patent Tying Cases, Denver University Law Review, Intellectual Property, Litigation, , 2006
- International Masters of Business Administration, University of Denver Daniels College of Business., 2007
- Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Richmond, Robins School of Business, Richmond, Virginia, 2000
- Awarded annually to Irish Americans under the age of 40 who have distinguished themselves in their respective fields. , 40 Under 40, Irish Echo, 2016
- On behalf of commercial landlord, negotiated amendment to lease and relocation of cell towers with a Fortune 15 telecommunications company, 2020
- Negotiated a $20 million annual revenue multi-national IT outsourcing agreement on behalf of an IT services firm. Negotiated a $15 million software implementation agreement with a state county government Negotiated IT services agreements ranging in value from $150,000.00 to $50 million with private and public entities. Negotiated software license, non disclosure, non-solicitation, business associate, network access and master services agreements with private and public entities, 2015
- Represented buyer in acquisition of multi-story commercial building, negotiation of construction contracts for conversion of building to medical procedure facility, 2019
- Negotiation of Master Services Agreement with Business Associate Agreements on behalf of an IT services company with health insurance payer, 2020
- Represented a surgical practice in the formation of a multi-specialty Office Based Lab (OBL) and Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC), 2020
- the Colorado Court of Appeals affirmed the judgment of the trial court in favor of our client, a European home automation systems company, in a breach of contract claim arising from a contract for the purchase of consumer tablet devices. The Court of Appeals agreed with the trial court and counsel, and denied Plaintiff's demand for over $1.7 million in damages., 2020
- Obtained a six figure judgment on behalf of a farming supply company in the enforcement of a settlement agreement, 2020
- Consulting Services
- Information Technology
- Medical Practices
- Physician Groups
Last Updated: 6/13/2022