Natalie C. Simpson
Top rated family law attorney in Lakewood, ColoradoPolidori Franklin Monahan & Beattie, LLC
Practice Areas: Family law; view more
Licensed in Colorado since: 2010
Education: University of Denver Sturm College of Law
Polidori Franklin Monahan & Beattie, LLC900 S. Kipling Parkway
Lakewood, CO 80226 Visit website
Attorney Natalie C. Simpson is an associate with the Polidori Franklin Monahan & Beattie, LLC, law firm in Lakewood, Colorado. Nationally recognized as one of the top lawyers in the country, Ms. Simpson provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Lakewood Metro and surrounding areas who are going through a divorce or have some other serious legal issue affecting their families.
Over the course of her legal career spanning more than 10 years, Ms. Simpson has achieved remarkable success assisting and guiding her clients through the divorce process and helping them make the best-informed decisions regarding child custody and support, property division, alimony and other related matters. She has extensive experience handling highly contentious custody proceedings as well as very complex, high-asset asset divisions and equitable distribution matters for her clients.
In all cases, Ms. Simpson prefers to help her clients resolve their conflicts and reach favorable agreements without the need for expensive, stressful and time-consuming court battles; however, she will not hesitate to take her clients' issues to court when necessary to help them pursue their goals and the positive results they expect and deserve.
Honored for her outstanding professionalism and service, Ms. Simpson has earned consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America as well as perennial designation as among the top 5% of attorneys in her region. She has also received Superb client ratings on Avvo, and she finds great rewards in being able to help so many in her community during some of the most difficult and uncertain times in their lives.
A graduate of Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut, Ms. Simpson received her master's degree in social work from the University of Denver Graduate School in 2007. Following that, she attended the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 2010.
Ms. Simpson is an active member of the Colorado Bar Association and the Denver Bar Association as well as the Colorado Women’s Bar Association, and she serves on the board of directors of the Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee. She has co-authored several family law-related reference texts for the state, and she has conducted many lectures and continuing legal education seminars across her region on a variety of legal topics.
Ms. Simpson also volunteers her time as a mentor to first-year law students as well as with Denver Urban Scholars. She is also past president and active member of the Denver Chorale.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
Practice areasFamily law
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Name change, Paternity, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2010, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://pfmlaw.com/natalie-c-simpson-esq/
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2016-2020
- Best Law Firms, US News and Best Lawyers, 2018
- Best Law Firms, Best Law Firm, Best Lawyers & US News, 2019
- Best Law Firms, US News and Best Lawyers, 2014
- Best Law Firms, US News and Best Lawyers, 2017
- Best Law Firms, US News and Best Lawyers, 2012
- Best Law Firms, US News and Best Lawyers, 2016
- Reese Persuasive Writing Award Finalist - University of Denver Sturm College of Law The Lawyering Process Program presents two awards annually to recognize student achievement in legal writing. Winners are selected by the LP Faculty from their own classes. The awards are named after pioneers of the DU Lawyering Process Program, Professor Jeffrey H. Harte and Professor John H. Reese. The Reese Persuasive Writing Award is presented for the best motion brief written in each Professor’s sections of LP., Reese Persuasive Writing Award Finalist, University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2008
- Best Law Firms, US News and Best Lawyers, 2013
- Best Law Firms, US News and Best Lawyers, 2015
- University of Denver Graduate School, Social Work, 2007
- Trinity College, Hartford, Connecticut B.A. - 2003 Major: Political Science Minor: Spanish, 2003
- Colorado Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2010
- Colorado State Bar, 2010
- MDIC Treasurer 2019-2020, 2019
- Colorado Women's Bar Association ~ 2010 to Present
- MDIC ~ 2010 to Present
- Denver Bar Association, 2010
- “Family Law Legislative Update 2013,” Co-Authored with Steven B. Epstein, Esq., Law Week Colorado, August, 2013, Co-Author, Family Law Legislative Update 2013, Law Week Colorado, Family Law Attorneys, 2013
- University of Denver Student Law Office, Criminal Representation Clinic, 2009
- Planning Committee Member, Colorado Women’s Bar Association Civil Protection Order Training 2013
- Presenting the Best Evidence in Domestic Violence Cases, Metro Interdisciplinary Committee, 2019
- Family Law Evidence Practicum, 2018-2019
- In Case of Emergency…File a Motion to Restrict Parenting Time Under C.R.S. 14-10-129(a), Family Law Institute 2018
- Property, Bench Bar Book 2015 and 2017
- “Annual Survey of Colorado Law: Family Law Survey,” Continuing Legal Education in Colorado, Inc., Co-Authored with Ronald D. Litvak, Esq., 2011-2013, Co-Author, Annual Survey of Colorado Law: Family Law Survey, Continuing Legal Education in Colorado, Inc., 2011
- “Prenuptial Agreements, Practitioner’s Guide to Domestic Relations Law,” Continuing Legal Education in Colorado, Inc., Co-Authored with Steven B. Epstein, Esq., 2011-2012, Co-Author, Prenuptial Agreements, Practitioner’s Guide to Domestic Relations Law, Continuing Legal Education in Colorado, Inc., 2011
- “The Role of the Child and Family Investigator and the Child’s Legal Representative in Colorado,” Continuing Legal Education in Colorado, Inc., Co-Authored with David Littman, Esq., 2009-2012, Co-Author, The Role of the Child and Family Investigator and the Child’s Legal Representative in Colorado, Continuing Legal Education in Colorado, Inc., 2009
- Denver Urban Scholars, Mentor, 2015 - Present, 2015
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Lawyering Process Mentor Program, 1L and 2L Mentor, 2014 - Present, 2014
- Metro Volunteer Lawyers (MVL), Volunteer / full case, 2019
- Mi Casa, Volunteer
- Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center, Volunteer Guardian ad Litem, 2014
- Denver Chorale, Board Member, 2015 - Present President, 2014 - 2015, 2014
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association (CWBA), Planning Committee Member, Civil Protection Order Training, 2015
- Wheels of Justice Cycling Team Member, 2014 - Present, 2014
Office location for Natalie C. Simpson
900 S. Kipling Parkway
Lakewood, CO 80226
- Super Lawyers: 2023
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2021