Robin Lutz Beattie
Top rated Family Law attorney in Lakewood, ColoradoPolidori Franklin Monahan & Beattie, LLC
Attorney Robin Lutz Beattie is a partner with the Lakewood, Colorado, law firm of Polidori Franklin Monahan & Beattie L.L.C. Nationally recognized as one of the best lawyers in the country, Ms. Beattie devotes her practice solely to family law, and she represents the needs and interests of clients throughout the greater Denver area and all across the state who seek the highest level of advocacy and support for their contested or uncontested divorces.
Prior to focusing on family law, Ms. Beattie gained significant experience handling civil litigation matters, so she has invaluable trial skills to help her clients who must go to court to resolve their divorce-related matters. However, she also has considerable experience handling mediations and arbitrations, and she has assisted numerous clients with working through their conflicts and reaching agreements outside of court in a manner that is far more efficient and less adversarial than traditional divorce litigation.
Whether inside or outside of the courtroom, Ms. Beattie maintains an unwavering focus on her clients' needs, and she has achieved notable success helping her clients obtain the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve for their child custody and support matters, complex property division and business valuations, spousal support and maintenance, and other related issues. Recognized for her success, she has received consistent designation from The Best Lawyers in America*, and she has earned Superb, 10 out of 10 client ratings on Avvo.
Ms. Beattie graduated in 1993 from the University of Michigan with honors and obtained her paralegal certificate from the Denver Paralegal Institute in 1996. After working for years as a paralegal, she decided to continue with her legal profession, and she attended the University of Colorado Law School, where she earned her Juris Doctor in 2002. While in law school, she served as case note and comment editor for the University of Colorado Law Review, and she graduated Order of the Coif.
Having established herself as a leader in her legal community, Ms. Beattie is a past chair of the Colorado Bar Association's Family Law Section, and she serves as co-chair for the organization's Amicus Committee. She is also former president, treasurer and board member of the 1st Judicial District Bar Association. She has also written or co-authored several books regarding various domestic relations topics, and she has conducted numerous lectures and seminars across her region on a variety of legal subjects.
Committed to her local community as well, Ms. Beattie also volunteers her time and services with various charitable and civic organizations in her area, including serving on the Board of Directors for Court Support Jeffco. In 1999, Ms. Beattie received a Unit Citation from the Commerce City Police Department for her assistance as a first responder to the Columbine High School shooting.
*Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
Practice areasFamily Law, Appellate
Appeals, Divorce, Marital Property
- 70% Family Law
- 30% Appellate
First Admitted: 2002, Colorado
Professional Webpage: http://www.pfmlaw.com/robin-lutz-beattie-esq/
- Lecturer, Jurisdiction, February 2017, 2017 Family Law Basic Skills
- Lecturer, Marijuana and Parenting Time, August 2016, 2016 Family Law InstituteLecturer, Considerations for Drafting a Separation, June 2016, 1st Judicial District Bar AssociationCo-Chair, 2015 Family Law Institute, August 2015, Responsible for Curriculum of Three-Day Family Law Institute in Vail, ColoradoLecturer, Jurisdiction, February 2015, 2015 Family Law Basic SkillsCo-Chair, 2014 Family Law Update, October 2014Responsible for Curriculum of One-Day Colorado Bar Association CLEModerator, Judges Panel on Maintenance, October 20142014 Family Law UpdateLecturer, Separation Agreements: What Every Family Law Practitioner Should Know, August 20142014 Family Law InstituteLecturer, Legislative Update – New Laws on Maintenance, Civil Protection Orders, Civil Unions … And More!, March 20141st Judicial District Bar AssociationLecturer, Overview and Initial Client Information, February 20142014 Family Law Basic SkillsCo-Chair, 2013 Family Law Update, October 2013Responsible for Curriculum of One-Day Colorado Bar Association CLELecturer, Contempt, April 2013Colorado Attorney Generals OfficeLecturer, The Blueprint for Domestic Relations Practice, August 20122012 Family Law InstituteLecturer, Creation and Destruction of the Valuation Expert, December 2011National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts SeminarLecturer, Case Law Update, December 20101st Judicial District Bar Association
- Lecturer, Considerations for Drafting a Separation, October 2016, 20th Judicial District Bar Association
- Co-Chair, 2016 Family Law Update, October 2016, Responsible for Curriculum of One-Day Colorado Bar Association CLE
- Co-Chair, 2018 Family Law Institute, August 2018, Responsible for Curriculum of Three-Day Family Law Institute in Vail, Colorado
- Lecturer, Contempt, April 2017, Colorado Attorney General’s Office
- Lecturer, Alternative Enforcement: Enforcing Orders Without Filing Contempt, August 2017, 2017 Family Law Institute
- Lecturer, Jurisdiction, February 2018, 2018 Family Law Basic Skills
- Facilitator, Evidence Practicum, May 2018, Colorado Bar Association CLE
- This chapter discusses spousal maintenance, including the statutory authority for awarding maintenance, establishment of a maintenance order, and modification of spousal maintenance. Exhibit 8A to this chapter is a comprehensive outline of Colorado maintenance cases through August 2013; it is an extremely valuable research tool when considering maintenance issues. , Author, Spousal Maintenance, Practitioner's Guide To Domestic Relations Guide, 2018
- Lecturer, Practical Considerations Regarding Evidence, October 2018, Colorado Bar Association CLE
- Lecturer, Jurisdiction, February 2019, 2019 Family Law Basic Skills
- Experimenting With Death: An Examination of Colorado’s Use of the Three-Judge Panel in Capital Sentencing, 73 Colo. L. Rev. 1, 227 (Winter, 2002).
- Co-Author, Postsecondary Education Expenses After Chalat: Paying College Expenses After Divorce, Vol. 38, No. 1, 19 (Jan. 2009).
- “Colorado law does not differentiate between a nonceremonial common law marriage and a ceremonial marriage.” In Re Marriage of Cargill & Rollins, 843 P.2d 1335, 1339 (Colo. 1993). Thus, a common law marriage requires a formal action for dissolution of marriage to dissolve it., Author, Common Law Marriage, Bench-bar Book, 2018
- Member of On-Call Crisis Team, 1992 – 1994, Domestic Violence Project, Inc.
- Overnight Supervisor, 1988 – 1989, Domestic Violence Project, Inc.
- Victim Advocate, 1997 – 2000, Commerce City Police Department, Awarded Unit Citation for Victim Assistance during the Columbine High School tragedy.
- Special Advocate, Fall 2005 – September 2007, Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center
- Board of Directors for Court Support Jeffco
- Website Administrator, July 2008 – July 2018, Colorado Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Board Member, September 2011-August 2013, Volunteers of America Guild
- Parliamentarian for Volunteers of America Guild
- Board of Directors, 1st Judicial District Bar Association, July 2009-July 2011
- Trustee, Board of Governors Colorado Bar Association, July 2014-July 2016
- President Elect, 1st Judicial District Bar Association, July 2012-July 2013
- Co-Chair, Amicus Committee, Family Law Section, Colorado Bar Association, July 2018-Present
- Colorado, October 2002
- Treasurer of Family Law Section of Colorado Bar Association
- Chair of the Family Law Institute in Vail, Colorado. , 2018
- President of 1st Judicial Bar Association
- Immediate Past President of 1st Judicial District Bar Association
- Secretary of Family Law Section of Colorado Bar Association
- Chair-Elect of Family Law Section of Colorado Bar Association
- Chair of Family Law Section of Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Paralegal Institute, Paralegal Certificate, May 1996
- University of Michigan, Bachelor of Arts, Criminology and Creative Writing, April 1993
Office location for Robin Lutz Beattie
900 S. Kipling Parkway
Lakewood, CO 80226
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2024