Top Rated Tax Attorney in Littleton, CO
A partner at Anderson & Jahde, in Littleton, Colorado, Briana Fehringer has a decade of experience practicing law. She takes on cases involving civil and criminal tax controversy, business litigation, accountant liability and individual tax controversy. Serving the entire state of Colorado, she represents taxpayers in Tax Court cases, IRS and state collection cases, IRS examinations and IRS streamlined filing compliance procedures.
Ms. Fehringer also represents certified public accountants with license disputes. She provides dedicated counsel to her clients with an unwavering commitment to their goals and needs. She has gained a reputation for her zealous advocacy and compassionate approach to each case. Ms. Fehringer has taught and lectured at several continuing legal education programs, educating others about tax and tax controversy.
Ms. Fehringer has a Master of Law degree in taxation from Georgetown University Law Center, graduating with distinction and dean’s list honors. During this time, she volunteered as income tax return preparer for individuals with low income and also volunteered with the IRS’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
Graduating summa cum laude, Ms. Fehringer earned her Juris Doctor from the University of La Verne College of Law. She was editor-in-chief for the law school’s paper, University of La Verne Law Review. She also externed for a prominent judge in the United States Bankruptcy Court.
An active participant in the legal field, Ms. Fehringer is a member of the Colorado Bar Association, the American Bar Association’s litigation section and the Denver Bar Association’s taxation section. She is admitted to practice throughout Colorado and before the U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit.
About Briana Fehringer
First Admitted: 2011, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://andersonjahde.com/attorneys/briana-fehringer/
Pro bono/Community Service
- IRS’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program
- Denver Bar Association (Taxation Section)
- 2018 U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- 2018 U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- 2012 U.S. Tax Court
- 2011 Colorado
- American Bar Association (Litigation Section)
- Colorado Bar Association
- Masters of Law in Taxation (with Distinction), Georgetown University Law Center Relevant Coursework: Corporate Income Tax Law I & II, Drafting Partnership and LLC Agreements, Executive Compensation: Equity & Cash Incentives, Income Tax Accounting, International Tax, S Corporations and Limited Liability Companies: Tax and Business Issues, Taxation of Partnerships, Tax Practice & Procedure (Administrative), Tax Practice & Procedure (Litigation), Taxation of Property Transactions, Honors: Dean's List; Pro Bono Pledge Honoree, 2012
- Wells v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo 2018-11, 2018
- Wells v. Commissioner, 779 Fed.Appx. 552 (10th Cir. 2019), 2019
- Taught Continuing Professional Education course, Lecturer, Employment Taxes, CPE4U, Tax Controversy, CPAs, 2019
- Taught Continuing Professional Education course, Lecturer, Offers in Compromise, CPE4U, Tax Controversy, CPAs, 2020
- Taught Continuing Professional Education course, Co-Lecturer, Virtual Currency, CPE4U, Tax Controversy, CPAs, 2019
- Taught Continuing Professional Education course, Lecturer, IRS Controversies, CPE4U, Tax Controversy, CPAs, 2019
- Co-Author of Chapter 8, 8th Edition (forthcoming), Co-Author, Applying the "Last Known Address Rule" in Determining Taxpayer Rights and Remedies, Effectively Representing Your Client Before the IRS (published by ABA Section on Taxation), Tax Controversy, 2020
- Taught Continuing Professional Education course, Lecturer, Representing Taxpayers Before the IRS, CPE4U, Tax Controversy, CPAs, 2019
- Taught Continuing Professional Education course, Lecturer, IRS Collections: King's Life Blood, CPE4U, Tax Controversy, CPAs, 2019
- Represent individuals and businesses against the IRS and other taxing authorities; Represent CPAs
Last Updated: 5/15/2022