Joseph Ramos, M.D.
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Northglenn, CO
- Free Consultation
Joseph Ramos, M.D., draws upon the values of his small-town upbringing to assist victims of accidents caused by the negligence of other parties to get back on their feet and back to a normal way of life. As the owner of Ramos Law, located in Northglenn, Colorado, he provides representation to clients who have been harmed in cases involving motor vehicle accidents, pedestrian knockdowns, premises liability, dog bites, defective products and much more. Ramos helps people throughout the Denver metropolitan, Colorado Springs, and the Phoenix, Arizona areas.
After attending college, Dr. Ramos obtained his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine in 1997. As a practicing physician, he found himself increasingly called upon by attorneys for both plaintiffs and defendants to provide expert medical testimony at medical malpractice and other personal injury trials. This experience led him to feel that he could be of even greater assistance to people if he obtained a law degree. Accordingly, Dr. Ramos enrolled at the University of Denver, Sturm College of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 2009. He is admitted to practice before all Colorado and Arizona state courts.
This combination of medical expertise and legal training enables Dr. Ramos to clearly detail the severity of his clients' injuries. His ability to directly interpret medical records ensures the effective communication of their pain and disability to juries. This depth of detail strengthens cases. His efforts also convince juries to award sufficient funds to plaintiffs when cases go to trial. He further supports clients by identifying the exact amounts of coverage specified in insurance policies and working hard to obtain the compensation that victims need to help them get back to a normal way of life.
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2019
About Joseph Ramos, M.D.
First Admitted: 2009, Colorado
Professional Webpage: http://ramoslaw.com/about-us/our-team/dr-joseph-ramos/
- Invited Speaker, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association; “Medical Terminology” Denver, CO; July 11, 2013
- Ramos, JP. After the Sunset: The Changes and Balancing of Interests for Healthcare Providers, Patients, Attorneys and Insurers Following the Elimination of PIP Benefits. Trial Talk, 2005; October/November 54(6): 41-43.
- Kendall, JL, Ramos, JP. Fluid-filled bowel mimicking hemoperitneum: a false positive finding during sonographic evaluation for trauma. Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2003; 25(1): 79-82.
- Barton ED, Ramos J, Colwell C, et al. A Preliminary Report on Intranasal Administration of Nalaxone by Paramedics. Prehospital Emergency Care 2002; 6(1): 54-58.
- Barton, ED, Ramos, J, Colwell C et al. Intranasal administration of nalaxone by paramedics: Could this be a better practice? Presented at the ACEP Research Forum, Chicago, IL; October 2001.
- Ramos, JP. (Abstract) The "seat belt mark" sign: A call for increased vigilance among physicians treating victims of motor vehicle accidents. Annals of Emergency Medicine, 1999; 34(1): 123.
- Ramos, JP. (Abstract) Anthrax as a biological weapon: Medical and public health management. Annals of Emergency Medicine, 1999; 34(4): 572.
- Ramos, JP. (Abstract) Suturing versus immobilization of a muscle laceration: A morphological and functional study in a mouse model. Annals of Emergency Medicine, 1999; 34(4): 572.
- Ramos, JP, Carrison, D, Phillips DL. Unusual vaginal laceration due to a high-pressure water jet. The Western Journal of Medicine, 1998; 169: 171-72.
- Ramos, JP. Thoracic Aneurysm. In Emergency Medicine Study Manual edited by John McCourt, MD. Chapter 3. Nevada: 1998.
- Ramos, JP. Rapid Sequence Induction. In Emergency Medicine Study Manual, edited by John McCourt, MD. Chapter 13. Nevada: 1998.
- Invited Speaker, Chaparral High School; “So You Want to be a Doctor ...” Denver, CO; December 6, 2011
- Invited Speaker, Colorado Chiropractic Association 2011 Colorado State Convention; “Care for Car Crash Victims: A Medical-Legal Perspective”; Denver, CO; September 9, 2011
- Invited Speaker, Colorado Chiropractic Association 2011 Colorado State Convention; “If I Were a Chiropractor”; Denver, CO; September 9, 2011
- Invited Speaker, Rocky Mountain Winter Conference; “Malpractice – Avoiding the Inevitable Subpoena”; Keystone, CO; March 1, 2011
- Invited Speaker, Chaparral High School; “Pursuing a Professional Career” Denver, CO; November 15, 2010
- Invited Speaker, Colorado American College of Emergency Physicians 2nd Annual Symposium on Emergency Medicine; “Doctor You Did What” Denver, CO; November 17, 2010
- Invited Speaker, Chaparral High School; “Careers in Medicine” Denver, CO; November 16, 2009
- American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- Colorado Medical Society
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- American Academy of Emergency Physicians
- Denver Medical Society
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Academy of Disability Evaluating Physicians
- Colorado Pain Society
- International Spinal Injection Society
- Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association
- Admitted, Supreme Court - State of Colorado Attorney Registration
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Certification
- Drug Enforcement Administration Registration Certificate
- Fellow, American Academy of Emergency Medicine
- Advanced Certificate of Competency, Whiplash & Brain Traumatology; Spine Research Institute of San Diego
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification
- Medical Licensure - Colorado
- Diplomat, American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Colorado Division of Workers' Compensation, Level II Accreditation
- Trauma and Emergency Ultrasound Certification
- Legal Licensure - Colorado
- Outstanding Performance in Partnership with Colorado Prescription Drug Abuse Task Force Award (2005)
- H. Halloway Memorial Scholarship (1995), Medical School
- All-American Scholar Collegiate Award (1994), Medical School
- Resident of the Year, Outpatient Clinic, University Medical Center (1998)
- National Hispanic Scholar (1995), Medical School
- Hartman/Kanning Scholarship (1993), Medical School
- Richard G. Sugden, MD Medical Scholarship (1996), Medical School
- Hubert E. McCoskey Memorial Scholarship (1994), Medical School
- School of Medicine Alumni Association Scholarship (1993), Medical School
- University of Nevada-Reno Bachelor of Science - BS, Pre-Medical Sciences, 1993
- University of Nevada School of Medicine Doctor of Medicine - MD, 1998
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Angler's Choice Western Regional Tournament Champion, Lake Mead, 2005
- United States Shooting Team, Olympic Tryout Invitee, 1988, 1984
- American Taekwondo Association, First Degree Black Belt, 1991
- Nevada State Trapshooting Championship Award, 1998-'96, '94, '92
- Insurance Women of Reno Award: Saving Lives During a Fire, 1984
Pro bono/Community Service
- Haiti - Helped with community improvements including painting homes, passing out sanitation kits, and building relationships. Dr. Ramos also helped with medical work. , 2015
- Peru - Medical and relationship building trip with the Grace Community Church, 2012
- Auto Industry
- Bad Faith
- Car Accident
- Motor Vehicle
- Nursing Home
- Product Defect
- What your truly means when he says It Depends? . . . . #depends #legaltips #legalhelp #legalupdates #legalknowledge… https://t.co/kKGPjb4Hq2
- What The American Public Doesn't Know About Wild Horses . . . . #wildlife #nature #horses #animals #mustangs… https://t.co/0X4639t94t
Last Updated: 5/15/2022