J. Craig Smith
Top rated personal injury attorney in Bridgeport, ConnecticutKoskoff, Koskoff & Bieder PC
In the state of Connecticut, J. Craig Smith represents those who have been injured by the negligence of another as an attorney at Koskoff Koskoff & Bieder PC. His focus is on cases of civil rights, personal injury and product liability and he has recovered millions of dollars for his clients over his career. Named one of the Best Lawyers in America, he also has his Certification from the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Admitted to practice in Georgia, Connecticut and South Carolina, Mr. Smith is also admitted to practice before several federal courts. These include the Supreme Court of the United States, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut and the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina.
Mr. Smith attended DePaul University, where he earned an undergraduate degree before attending law school. At the University of South Carolina School of Law, he graduated in 1999 with honors as a member of the Order of the Barristers and the runner-up in the John Marshall National Technology Law Competition.
A member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Mr. Smith is also actively involved with the American Association for Justice and the Greater Bridgeport Bar Association. His most notable case included one of the first written opinions by Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor and was also a large victory for those fighting large corporate defendants when their civil rights were violated.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, General litigation, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 30% General litigation
- 30% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1999, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.koskoff.com/attorney/j-c-smith/
- National Board of Trail Advocacy Certification, 2013-Present
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2010 & 2011
- Best Lawyers, Present
- South Carolina, 1999, Connecticut, 2003, Georgia, 2006, U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 1999, U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 2004, U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 2007, U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2008, U.S. Supreme Court, 2008
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, Member
- DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois
Office location for J. Craig Smith
350 Fairfield Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
- Super Lawyers: 2022
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2011