Jeffrey M. Cooper
Top rated Medical Malpractice attorney in Bridgeport, ConnecticutCooper Law Group, PLLC
Jeffrey M. Cooper is a skilled trial lawyer and fierce competitor who believes strongly in standing up for his clients’ rights to compensation. For more than 20 years Jeffrey has represented all types of people from the community who have been injured or harmed in different ways and have needed help pursuing compensation for their losses. Jeffrey’s experience has taught him not only about the struggles his clients face after an unexpected accident or injury but also about the importance of getting them the help they need.
Jeffrey is unique in that no case is too big or too small. Whether it is a back injury after a car accident, a broken leg from a fall down stairs, a birth injury during labor and delivery, a head injury from a train derailment, a wrongful death from a misdiagnosis or anything in between, the end goals are the same: to help people achieve justice, feel vindicated and improve their quality of life when possible.
Over the years Jeffrey has developed a reputation for successfully resolving cases that other attorneys have turned down. Much of this is due to the fact that he has increasingly brought difficult cases to trial which removes much of the decision making responsibility from insurance adjusters and risk-managers and places it in the hands of jurors. Some examples of Jeffrey’s results after trial include verdicts of $330,000, $250,000, $175,000 and $98,000 for clients who were offered nothing going in.
Jeffrey has also tried several complex medical malpractice and wrongful death cases that he felt were either overlooked, undervalued or otherwise marginalized. Several years ago in Stamford he obtained a verdict of approximately 2.4 million dollars for the estate of a motorcyclist who was tragically killed in an accident with a drunk driver. Recently, in 2020 in Bridgeport, Jeffrey obtained a 4.2 million dollar verdict for a client who suffered an intraoperative stroke after the surgeon mismanaged his medication. In 2023 in New Haven, Jeffrey obtained a 6.5 million dollar verdict for a client who lost her baby during a traumatic vaginal delivery that he proved should have been done by cesarean section.
Jeffrey has been recognized by SuperLawyers (2008 - present), the National Trial Lawyers “Top 100” Medical Malpractice lawyers (Connecticut), the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and has received ratings of 10/10 on Avvo and 5/5 on Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review. Jeffrey is also a member of the American Association for Justice, the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, the Connecticut Bar Association and has been selected for inclusion in the American Board of Trial Advocates.
While Jeffrey is proud of his past accomplishments as a lawyer he understands that each one has come at a hefty price for his clients. He understands that past results are in the past, and what he may have accomplished for someone in the past has nothing to do with what he can do for someone in the future. Jeffrey recognizes that success as a trial lawyer is not measured by the amounts of millions recovered, but rather on what he does day in and day out for his clients.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Dram Shop Laws, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
First Admitted: 2002, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.coopgrouplaw.com/attorney/cooper-jeffrey-m/
- New Haven County Bar Association
- ABOTA, 2021
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Trinity College, B.A., 1999
- Super Lawyers
- Connecticut Top 40 Litigation Lawyer
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- AVVO highest rated 10.0
- Obtained a $6.5 million dollar jury verdict in a medical malpractice case related to the wrongful death of a baby who died from abdominal dystocia after providers attempted to deliver him vaginally when standard of care required delivery by cesarean section., 2023
- Won a verdict for $4.2 Million dollars in medical malpractice case for improper medication management resulting in intraoperative stroke and traumatic brain injury., 2021
- Obtained a confidential $2,000,000 settlement in a medical malpractice case related to delayed diagnosis of cancer, 2020
- Obtained a confidential mid-figure-dollar settlement in a medical malpractice case related to an ER's failure to admit, 2020
- Obtained a jury verdict of $330,000 in a no pay case against a municipality related to a two car head-on collision resulting in a leg fracture that Attorney Cooper proved was the result of the city's failure to remove foliage that obstructed his client's view of a stop sign. The case was tried under a sole proximate cause standard related to the state's highway defect statute, 2018
- Obtained the highest verdict in the state (at the time it was rendered) of $2,800,000 in a motorcycle accident case for the driver of a Harley Davidson who was killed in an accident with a car, 2017
- Obtained a confidential $2,500,000 settlement in a medical malpractice case related to improper management of mechanical ventilation, 2017
Office location for Jeffrey M. Cooper
76 Lyon Terrace
Bridgeport, CT 06604
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2008 - 2012, 2014