Top rated Medical Malpractice attorney in Bridgeport, ConnecticutKoskoff, Koskoff & Bieder PC
Practice Areas: Medical Malpractice; view more
Licensed in Connecticut since: 1984
Jim Horwitz is the managing partner at Koskoff Koskoff & Bieder, PC. From the firm's office in Bridgeport, Connecticut, he focuses his practice on medical malpractice, providing representation to clients in Fairfield and New Haven counties and throughout the state who have been harmed by the negligence of health care practitioners or facilities. Mr. Horwitz has handled cases covering a wide variety of incidents and medical disciplines, including birth injuries, cardiology, strokes, mental health, chiropractic, gynecology, cosmetic surgery and medication errors.
Mr. Horwitz has been able to obtain numerous multimillion-dollar settlements and jury awards on behalf of his clients, and his fellow attorneys have taken note of his successful track record and high degree of ethics. In addition to being selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for several consecutive years, he has been awarded an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 "Superb" peer-review rating through Avvo.
Majoring in political science, Mr. Horwitz attended Colgate University as an undergraduate and received a Bachelor of Arts in 1979. He subsequently pursued a legal education at Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at Yeshiva University and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1984. Mr. Horwitz has been with his current firm since November 1986. Admitted to practice before all Connecticut state courts, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut. A past president of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Mr. Horwitz is an active participant in several other legal organizations as well. He served on the board of directors of The Greater Bridgeport Bar Association Inc. where he is a past president and New Haven Legal Assistance Association Inc. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Birth Injury, Informed Consent, Medical Malpractice
- 100% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1984, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: http://www.koskoff.com/Lawyers-Staff/Jim-Horwitz.shtml
- "Bystander Emotional Distress in Medical Malpractice Cases: An Update", Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, News Brief, Vol. 13, No. 5., May 2001
- Speaker, 10 Tips for Trial of a Shoulder Dystocia Case, Litigating Medical Negligence and Injured Infant Cases Seminar, AAJ, 2010
- AV-Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America
- New Haven Legal Assistance, Board Member
- Connecticut, 1984
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Board Member, 2009
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, Past President
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Past-President
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, Civil Trials & Procedures Committee, Chairman, 1993-1995
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1984
- American Bar Association, Member
- Raymond E. Baldwin American Inns of Court, Member
- Colgate University, B.A., 1979
Office location for Jim Horwitz
350 Fairfield Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604