Joel H. Lichtenstein
Top rated Medical Malpractice attorney in Bridgeport, ConnecticutKoskoff, Koskoff & Bieder PC
Medical malpractice is a distinct area of personal injury law that requires an attorney who has experience reviewing records and an understanding of medical terminology. At Koskoff Koskoff & Bieder PC in Connecticut, Joel H. Lichtenstein has focused on medical malpractice for decades, and he has led the investigation team at the firm for 45 years. He has a reputation for skilled medical analysis of complex cases and compassion for his clients.
For his high ethical standards, commitment to his clients and outstanding results, Mr. Lichtenstein has received the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell. He was a founding member of the Birth Trauma Litigation Group of the American Association for Justice, as well as of the Professional Negligence Section, and he served as chair of the two groups, as well. He often shares his knowledge of issues regarding the investigation and detection of malpractice to trial lawyer groups, and he also lectures about liability issues to hospital and medical societies.
Mr. Lichtenstein holds memberships with the American Bar Association, the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, the New York State Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association and the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
After obtaining his undergraduate degree at Boston University, Mr. Lichtenstein then enrolled in Boston University School of Law to earn his law degree. He became licensed to practice in Connecticut in 1975, and soon after became licensed to practice in the following federal courts: the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 100% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1964, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.koskoff.com/attorney/joel-lichtenstein/
- Board of Directors, UJA/FEDERATION of Eastern Fairfield County
- Board of Directors, Congregation Beth El of Fairfield
- Best Lawyers, Present
- Martindale-Hubbell Rated AV, Highest Rating for Attorneys
- Super Lawyers, Present
- Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1980, U.S. Supreme Court, 1980, Connecticut, 1975
- American Association for Justice, Advanced College of Advocacy, Faculty Member, 1979 to 1980
- American Association for Justice, Birth Trauma Litigation Group, Founding Member and Chair, 1993 to 1996
- American Association for Justice, Professional Negligence, Founding Member and Chair, 1998 to 1999
- Connecticut Bar Association, Past Chairman, Medical Legal Committee
- National Board of Trial Advocacy, Former Board of Examiners
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
Office location for Joel H. Lichtenstein
350 Fairfield Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023