Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Bridgeport, ConnecticutKoskoff, Koskoff & Bieder PC
Preston Tisdale is an attorney with Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder PC law firm, which has law offices in Bridgeport, New Haven and Dansbury, Connecticut. A top-ranked and award-winning lawyer, Mr. Tisdale has more than 44 years of experience, and he provides unmatched counsel and support to clients across the state who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Criminal defense
· Municipal law
Early in his legal career, Mr. Tisdale served as head of the Fairfield Judicial District Public Defender’s Office and then as director of special public defenders for the state of Connecticut in the Office of Chief Public Defender.
As such, he has invaluable insight into the state's criminal justice system, which enables him to devise the most effective strategies possible for the accused. From his efforts, he has secured a long record of successful results for his defendant clients, and he has gained a reputation for his impassioned advocacy both inside and outside the courtroom.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Tisdale has earned consistent recognition from his peers, and he has received numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients. He has proven himself an indispensable member of the firm's team, and he finds great reward in being able to help so many in his community during their times of need.
A 1973 graduate of Brown University, Mr. Tisdale obtained his Juris Doctor from New York University School of Law in 1976. He is admitted to practice before all Connecticut state courts as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut.
Mr. Tisdale currently serves on the board of governors of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice as well as on the Connecticut Commission on Racial and Ethnic Disparity in the Criminal Justice System. He has also served on the faculty of the Connecticut Bar Association's Continuing Legal Education Program and the National Defender Training Program.
He has also served on the Connecticut Bar Association's Professionalism Committee and Professional Discipline Section as well as the Connecticut Supreme Court Chief Justice’s Criminal Justice Committee as well as the Connecticut Hate Crimes Advisory Committee.
Mr. Tisdale is also highly active in his local community, serving on the boards of directors for Fairfield County’s Community Foundation, the Bridgeport Public Education Fund, Inc., and the advisory board for the Center for Children’s Advocacy. He serves as chairperson of the Regional Youth/Adult Social Action Partnership and as vice president of the Central Connecticut Coast YMCA, where he has also served as chairman.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, State, Local & Municipal
- 60% Criminal Defense
- 40% State, Local & Municipal
First Admitted: 1980, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.koskoff.com/attorney/preston-tisdale/
- AAJ Minority Caucus Stalwart Award, First Recipient of Joseph M. Fernandez '85 Award, NAACP Distinguished Service Award, BCAC Cesar Batalla Community Service Award for Making a Difference in the Lives of Bridgeport Children, ABCD Award of Excellence for Dedication Provided to the Community, YMCA Appreciation and Recognition Award for Outstanding Volunteer Service, RYASAP Goodspeed-Pfriem Award, Recognition of Service from the Connecticut General Assembly, Calvary SDA Church Champion of Youth Award, Save Our Babies Award for Outstanding Community Service, Honored with Preston Tisdale Day by the Mayor of Bridgeport, PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS, The Public Justice Foundation, Treasurer, Connecticut Bar Association, Member and Past Treasurer, Connecticut Bar Association Policing Task Force, Member, Chief Justice Robinson's Jury Selection Task Force, Appointee, American Association for Justice, Board of Governors, Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors, Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, Member, PRO BONO ACTIVITIES, Regional Youth/Adult Social Action Partnership (RYASAP), Chairman, Bridgeport Public Education Fund, Inc., Board of Directors, Central Connecticut Coast YMCA, Vice Chairman & Past Chairman, Center for Children's Advocacy, Advisory Board, Brown University President's Leadership Council, Inman Page Black Alumni Council of Brown University, Past President
- Connecticut, 1980, U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1995
- Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
Office location for Preston Tisdale
350 Fairfield Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2008