Top rated personal injury attorney in Bridgeport, ConnecticutTremont Sheldon P.C.
A partner of Tremont Sheldon P.C., Robert Sheldon focuses his practice primarily on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. From the firm's offices in Bridgeport, Connecticut, he represents people in Fairfield and New Haven counties, as well as other parts of the state, who have been harmed by the negligence of other parties. The types of cases that Mr. Sheldon has successfully handled have included motor vehicle crashes, medical malpractice, premises liability, dog bites, sexual abuse and similar incidents. He has been able to obtain numerous sizable settlements and jury awards during his distinguished career. Mr. Sheldon also has a workers' compensation practice, helping people who have been injured on the job to obtain their rightful benefits under their employer's insurance coverage, and he sits on the state's Workers’ Compensation Advisory Board.
Mr. Sheldon has developed an excellent reputation among his colleagues for the quality of his work and high degree of ethics. He holds an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. In addition, he has been selected for inclusion in both The Best Lawyers in America and The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100.
A 1971 recipient of a Bachelor of Arts from the College of the Holy Cross, Mr. Sheldon obtained his legal education at the University of Connecticut School of Law, and he was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1974. He has been with his current firm for his entire career. Admitted to practice before all Connecticut state courts, Mr. Sheldon is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit. A member of the board of governors of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, he is an active participant in several other legal organizations as well.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Workers' compensation: claimant, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis
First Admitted: 1974, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.tremontsheldon.com/attorney/robert-r-sheldon/
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 1974
- College of Holy Cross, Worcester, Massachusetts, B.A., 1971
- Personal Injury and Workers Compensation, Connecticut Super Lawyers, Connecticut Super Lawyers®, 2022
- , Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Connecticut , The National Trial Lawyers , 2022
- Recognized for Workers Compensation and Personal Injury Work., The Best Lawyers in America, The Best Lawyers in America®, 2022
- , American Board of Trial Advocates, American Board of Trial Advocates, 2022
- (the highest possible rating for lawyer), AV Rated , Martindale-Hubbell, 2022
- The Connecticut Bar Association, Member, 2022
- State of Connecticut Workers' Compensation, Legal Advisory Board, 2022
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association: Board of Governors, Past President, 2022
- The American Association for Justice, Member, 2022
- State of Connecticut, Judicial Review Council, 2022
- The American Board of Trial Advocates, Member, 2022
- The Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, Member, 2022
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1974
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1974
Office location for Robert Sheldon
64 Lyon Terrace
Bridgeport, CT 06604-4022
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022