William M. Bloss
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Bridgeport, CT
An attorney at Koskoff Koskoff & Bieder PC, William M. Bloss represents clients in Connecticut in personal injury claims as well as complex civil and criminal litigation in state and federal courts. His experience extends to issues of civil rights, automobile negligence, trucking accidents and product liability, and for his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he is AV Preeminent* peer-review rated, the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Bloss attended Wake Forest University to earn an undergraduate degree and then moved on to American University, where he graduated summa cum laude with his Juris Doctor. Currently, he is an active member of the Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, the New Haven County Bar Association, the American Association for Justice and the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association.
Admitted to practice in both New York and Connecticut since 1984, Mr. Bloss is also admitted to practice before several federal courts. These include the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st, 2nd and 5th Circuits, the U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut.
During his career, Mr. Bloss has recovered millions of dollars for the severely injured. He also gives back to his community as a member of the board of directors of the Connecticut Citizens Action Group, an appointed member of the State of Connecticut Property Tax Commission and the past president and former member of the Board of Directors for the Guilford Land Conservation Trust.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 10%Civil Rights
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Trucking Accidents, Medical Devices, Disability, Discrimination
- Super Lawyers: 2006, 2008 - 2022
About William M. Bloss
First Admitted: 1984, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.koskoff.com/attorney/bill-bloss/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Connecticut Citizens Action Group, Board of Directors, Member
- Youth and Family Services Bureau Advisory Board, Town of Guilford, Member 1999-2005
- Guilford Land Conservation Trust, Board of Directors, Member, Past President
- Tax Stabilization Committee, Town of Guilford, Vice Chairman
- Board of Education, Town of Guilford, Member 1999-2019, Chairman 2005-2019 (elected)
- State of Connecticut Property Tax Commission, Member (appointed)
- , Best Lawyers
- , Martindale-Hubbell Rated AV, Highest Rating for Attorneys
- , Super Lawyers
- Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Connecticut, 1984
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, Member
- New Haven County Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 1996
- U.S. Tax Court, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1995
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1986
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1985
- New York, 1984
Last Updated: 5/15/2022