Darcy S. McAlister
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Darien, CT
Selected to Rising Stars: 2009 - 2012
- Virtual Appointments
Attorney Darcy S. McAlister is a partner with the Carta, McAlister & Moore LLC law firm in Darien, Connecticut. At the firm, Ms. McAlister focuses her practice primarily on family law, and she represents clients throughout Fairfield County, including Westport, Greenwich, Darien and the surrounding areas.
As an attorney, Ms. McAlister strives to resolve her clients' disputes using mediation, collaboration and other nonadversarial methods as an alternative to litigation. In all cases, she provides the personalized assistance and compassionate support her clients need when dealing with legal challenges related to divorce and separation, including child custody and support, property division, alimony and other domestic relations issues. Ms. McAlister routinely involves other professionals as may be appropriate to the issues in a particular case, including certified divorce financial planners and mental health professionals.
A 1993 graduate of Skidmore College with a Bachelor of Arts in psychology and sociology, Ms. McAlister then completed the first year of the Boston College Master of Social Work program, where she trained as a clinical counselor for cancer patients. Prior to returning to law school, Ms. McAlister worked for many years as a manager for an entertainment company, where she represented several high-profile recording artists.
In 2002, she obtained her Juris Doctor from Quinnipiac University School of Law, and was admitted to the Connecticut Bar Association. While in law school, Ms. McAlister received top accolades and various awards, and served on the school's law review.
Widely regarded as one of the top family law attorneys in the region, Ms. McAlister has received numerous awards and honors for her professionalism and service, including the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys Client Satisfaction Award. She has served as the Collaborative Divorce Attorneys of Fairfield County co-chair since 2007, acts as a special master in Connecticut family courts, and is a board member on the Connecticut Council for Non-Adversarial Divorce.
- 80%Family Law
- 20%General Litigation
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2009 - 2012
About Darcy S. McAlister
First Admitted: 2002, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.cmm-law.com/darcy-mcalister-esq/
- Skidmore College, B.A. in Psychology / Sociology, Cum Laude
- Boston College, Masters of Social Work Program
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer, Special Masters for Superior Court
- Co-Chair and Member, Collaborative Divorce Attorneys of Fairfield County (independent organization)
- Member, Fairfield County Bar Association
- Board Member, Connecticut Council for Non-Adversarial Divorce
- Elected as a Member of Quinnipiac Law Review, 2000-2001
- Distinguished Academic Achievement Award, Legal Skills, 2000
- Student Representative for Dean Selection Committee, 2001
- Excellence in Clinical Work Award, 2002
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2010, 2011 and 2012
- Superior Classroom Performance Award, 2002
- Distinguished Academic Achievement Award, Property, 2001
- Trained as a Collaborative Attorney; Certified as a Mediator; Completed state's first GAL/AMC training, 2009
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Nominated by peers to be co-chair of the Collaborative Divorce Attorneys of Fairfield Connecticut, 2011
Last Updated: 6/3/2022