Top rated personal injury attorney in Fairfield, ConnecticutRobinson Mahoney PLLC
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Medical malpractice; view more
Licensed in Connecticut since: 1992
Education: University of Connecticut School of Law
Robinson Mahoney PLLC1210 Post Rd
Fairfield, CT 06824 Visit website
Attorney Douglas Mahoney is the founder of the law firm Robinson Mahoney PLLC in Fairfield, Connecticut. Mr. Mahoney focuses his practice on personal injury, medical malpractice and sexual abuse law, representing clients in throughout Connecticut.
A practicing lawyer for over 30 years, Mr. Mahoney has successfully handled many cases involving motor vehicle accidents, animal attacks, assaults, construction accidents, dog bites, dram shop liability, malpractice, premises liability and wrongful death. Over the course of his career, he has recovered major amounts in settlements and trial verdicts for injured Connecticut residents and their families.
Mr. Mahoney is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell. He has also been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America publication. He is a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers.
Mr. Mahoney stays involved in his legal community through active membership in professional organizations. He serves on the Executive Committee of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association. He belongs to the Greater Bridgeport Bar Association and the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Mr. Mahoney earned a bachelor’s degree in history from the College of the Holy Cross in 1989. He went on to receive his law degree from the University of Connecticut School of Law in 1992, graduating with honors. He holds a license to practice law before all Connecticut state courts and has been board certified in civil trial law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy for over 20 years.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 90% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1992, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.robinsonmahoney.com/doug-mahoney
- Top 100 Lawyers in New England by Super Lawyers®
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2022
- Fellow - American College of Trial Lawyers
- Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell (the highest possible rating for a lawyer)
- Top 50 Lawyers in the State of Connecticut by Super Lawyers®
- Connecticut Super Lawyers®
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, Massachusetts, A.B, 1989
- Certified Civil Trial Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 2002
- John Doe v. Boys and Girls Village - Jury verdict of $1.2 million dollars - Sexual abuse of a child, 2019
- Tim Doe v. St. Francis Hospital - Jury verdict of $2.75 million dollars - sexual abuse of a child, 2011
- Blackwell v. Seymour - Jury verdict of $1.4 million dollars - motor vehicle accident, 2005
- Keyes v. HART - Jury verdict of $1.6 million dollars - motorcycle accident, 2001
- Sanchez v. Middleton - Jury verdict of $1.4 million dollars - pedestrian accident, 1999
- Fellow - American College of Trial Lawyers, 2021
- Fellow - International Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2022
- Member of the State of Connecticut Task Force to Study the Statutes of Limitation for People Who Were Sexually Abused as Children, 2020
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates, 2021
- Past President, Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, 2014
- Past President, Greater Bridgeport Bar Association
- Appointed by Chief Justice to the Task Force to Study Mandatory Continuing Legal Education
- Member, Standing Committee on Recommendations to the Bar in Fairfield County, 2021
- Member of Board of Governors and Executive Committee, Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, 2021
Office location for Douglas Mahoney
1210 Post Rd
Fairfield, CT 06824
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023
Top ListsTop 50: Connecticut Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2009, 2012 - 2013, 2015 - 2017, 2022 - 2023
- Top 50: 2023 Connecticut Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2022 Connecticut Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2017 Connecticut Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2016 Connecticut Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2015 Connecticut Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2013 Connecticut Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2012 Connecticut Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2009 Connecticut Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2008 Connecticut Super Lawyers