John L. Laudati
Top rated general litigation attorney in Farmington, ConnecticutMurphy, Laudati, Kiel & Rattigan, LLC
John L. Laudati is a partner at Murphy, Laudati, Kiel & Rattigan, LLC, which has its offices in Granby, Connecticut. He concentrates his practice on matters involving civil litigation, personal injury, collaborative family law and mediation, and criminal law. He is a zealous advocate for his clients who have been hurt due to another party’s negligent and ignorant actions.
Mr. Laudati is a firm believer that family law matters can be resolved in an amicable and less contentious manner and uses collaboration, negotiation and mediation to resolve family law cases. He prepares for every case as if it were going to trial and will not hesitate to take a case to trial whenever needed. He fights for the rights of his clients and has an unwavering commitment to their best interests.
Graduating magna cum laude, Mr. Laudati obtained his bachelor’s degree from the University of Connecticut. He earned his doctorate in jurisprudence from the University of Connecticut School of Law. While in law school, he clerked at the Hartford Superior Court and on many civil jury trials. Licensed to practice in Connecticut in 1981, he is also admitted to practice before all state courts of Connecticut and the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut. An active affiliate with many legal associations, he has memberships in the:
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Hartford County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Central Connecticut Collaborative Divorce Group
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Collaborative Divorce Team of Connecticut
- Connecticut Counsel for Divorce Mediation
Additionally, Mr. Laudati served as a founding associate editor of The Defense, a journal of the Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association. He used to speak regularly at the Connecticut Bar Association’s People Court, which was an education series about the law for adults. He is active in giving back to society and serves as the vice president of the Farmington River Watershed Association and the Granby Chamber of Commerce, for which he also is a chair of its Finance Committee. He is a charter member of the Granby Chapter of UNICO.
Recognized for his work in the legal field, Mr. Laudati has a “Superb” rating on Avvo and has received the Client Champion Silver Award through Martindale-Hubbell as well as a Distinguished* peer-review rating. The National Trial Lawyers named him to the Top 100 Trial Lawyer list. The American Society of Legal Advocates named him as one of the top 100 litigation attorneys in the state. He was the recipient of the Top 10 Attorney Award by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasGeneral litigation, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Criminal defense, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI, Workers' compensation: claimant
Litigation, Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Debt, Drug & alcohol violations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Probation, Sex offenses, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, DUI/DWI
- 30% General litigation
- 30% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Criminal defense
- 10% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Workers' compensation: claimant
First Admitted: 1981, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.mlkrlaw.com/John-Laudati.html
- Executive Committee of the Young Lawyer's Section of the Connecticut Bar Association
- Board of Directors of the Hartford County Bar Association, 2018
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association of Justice, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- In 2013 and 2015 Attorney Laudati earned Martindale-Hubbell’s Client Distinction Award. Fewer than 4% of the 900,000 attorneys listed on martindale.com and lawyers.com have been accorded this Martindale-Hubbell Honor of Distinction. Attorney Laudati was recently selected by the American Society of Legal Advocates as one of the top 100 litigation attorneys in the State of Connecticut. In 2013 Attorney Laudati was selected by the Hartford Advocate as one of Hartford’s finest Collaborative Divorce Attorneys. The National Trial Lawyers selected Attorney Laudati as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer in 2014-2016. In 2015 Attorney Laudati earned Martindale-Hubbell’s Top Rated Lawyer in Litigation. He was also selected to the 2015 Connecticut Super Lawyers in General Litigation. Attorney Laudati has been chosen by the NAOPIA as a Top 10 Attorney in Personal Injury for 2016 and 2017. He was chosen in 2017 as a Lawyer of Distinction in Civil Litigation., Client Distinction Award
- "Best Lawyer in Family Law" since 2017
- Top 10 Attorney Award in Personal Injury by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys
- One of Hartford's finest Collaborative Divorce Attorneys, 2013
- Selected by the American Society of Legal Advocates as one of the top 100 litigation attorneys in the State of Connecticut
- 2015 Connecticut Super Lawyers in General Litigation
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers
- President and Legal counsel, Connecticut Boxing Hall of Fame
- For thirty years, Attorney Laudati has served as a director, officer and legal counsel to the Farmington River Watershed Association. He is currently the Vice President of the association. He sat on the Board of the Salmon Brook Watershed Association for more than a decade. He is a past president of the Manitook Lake Association and an active member of the Friends of Manitook Lake. He sits on the Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Commission for the Town of Granby. Attorney Laudati is a charter member of the Granby Chapter of UNICO, the country’s largest Italian American Service Organization. Attorney Laudati is the President of the Granby Chamber of Commerce and currently chairs its Finance Committee. He is a President and legal counsel to the Connecticut Boxing Hall of Fame, and chairs its giving committee.
- Vice President, Granby Chamber of Commerce
- Charter member of the Granby Chapter of UNICO
- Bert Brander vs. Trisha Stoddard, Connecticut Temporary Administrator of Estate of Lily B. Frey – Docket Number: LLI-CV13-6008351-S Litchfield Superior Court. John L. Laudati successfully represented the co-defendant in a quiet title action wherein the plaintiff alleged he had obtained title to his aunt’s farm by adverse possession. This case is currently on appeal.
- Barbara Guarco et al. vs. Michael Guarco Sr., et al – Docket Number: HHD-CV14-5038049-S Hartford Superior Court Attorney Laudati successfully co-defended a shareholder action to appoint a receiver for and dissolve a family owned business.
- Congamond Lake Environmental Protection Organization, et al. vs. Suffield Zoning & Planning Commission, et al. – Docket Number: HHD-CV14-6052169-S Hartford Superior Court. In a case of first impression, Attorney Laudati successfully proved on behalf of his client, that the Town of Suffield, CT Zoning Commission had exceeded its authority in granting a land owner’s special permit to mine a parcel of land. The case turned on the Defendant’s claim that the land owner had a “vested interest” in the operation of the gravel operation. This case is currently on appeal.
Office location for John L. Laudati
231 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022