Lawrence J. Kiel
Top rated real estate attorney in Granby, ConnecticutMurphy, Laudati, Kiel & Rattigan, LLC
Practice Areas: Real estate, Business & corporate view more
Licensed in Connecticut since: 1983
Education: University of Connecticut School of Law
Murphy, Laudati, Kiel & Rattigan, LLC4 E Granby Road
Granby, CT 06035 Phone: 860-674-8296 Email: Lawrence J. Kiel Visit website
Since 1983, I have concentrated my practice in the areas of residential and commercial real estate transactions, business law, estate planning and settlement. In the residential real estate arena, I have over 35 years of experience representing home buyers, builders, developers and mortgage lenders in the negotiation and drafting of purchase and sale agreements, preparation and review of mortgage loan documentation and have completed many thousands of purchases and sales of homes in the greater Hartford area. I have advised mortgage companies with respect to their licensure with the State of Connecticut Department of banking.
In the commercial real estate area, I represent many individuals and businesses in their acquisition, development, financing and/or transfer of all types of commercial properties, from small properties to larger shopping centers.
In the area of business law, I advise business clients in the formation and management of their businesses, employment agreements, mergers and acquisitions, as well as business succession planning and transitions of ownership. I represent my business clients and local lenders in all types of commercial financing as well.
When disagreements arise in the context of a real estate transaction, or in any aspect of my clients' business I have the experience and resources that allow me to advise my clients as to their available options and work with them to achieve an effective and efficient solution.
I was born in Bloomfield, Connecticut. I went to public school in Bloomfield and proudly celebrated my hometown's designation as an All-American City in 1970. I moved to Simsbury, Connecticut in 1983 and currently live in town with my wife, Carla. We have three children who attend Simsbury Public Schools but are presently in college and our oldest is in medical school at UCONN. I was involved in coaching my children's sports teams primarily in basketball and have been on the Board of Managers for the Greater Hartford YMCA, Farmington Valley Branch and the Board of Directors for the Farmington Valley Jewish Congregations Emek Shalom. I was an officer and long time board member of the Farmington Chamber of Commerce and a Board Member of the Connecticut Rhythm and Blues Festival, Inc. I am a member of the American Bar Association, the Connecticut Bar Association and the Simsbury Regional Bar Association. I am on the Closing and Compliance committee for the Connecticut Mortgage Bankers Association and on the Regional Committee and Legal Awareness Committee for the Greater Hartford Association of Realtors.
For my undergraduate studies I went to the University of Connecticut from which I graduated Cum Laude, with Distinction in Speech (my department is now called the "School of Communications"). I attended the University of Connecticut School of Law and the University of Connecticut School Of Social Work and in 1983 I earned my Juris Doctor degree and a Masters in Social Work.
Practice areasReal estate: consumer, Real estate: business, Business/corporate, Estate planning & probate
First Admitted: 1983, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.mlkrlaw.com/Lawrence-Kiel.html
- Bloomfield Public Schools; University of Connecticut-B.A., Cum Laude with Distinction in Speech; University of Connecticut-Juris Doctor; University of Connecticut-M.A. School of Social Work
- , Best Lawyers of America - Real Estate Law, US News & World Report
- By invitation of the Capital Region Health Consortium, I conduct annual seminars teaching about employment agreements and practice related matters for the Residents and Fellows employed in the various hospitals throught the Greater Hartford area.
- Masters of Social Work, University of Connecticut School of Social Work, 1983
- I am admitted to practice before all Courts in the State of Connecticut and the United States District Court, District of Connecticut. I am a member of the American Bar Association (Real Property and Trust and Estate Division), Connecticut Bar Association (Real Property, Trusts and Estates and Elder Law Sections) and the Hartford County Bar Associations. I Serve on a sub-committee of the Real Property Section of the Connecticut Bar Association that has developed a uniform contract to be used in residential transactions throughout the State of Connecticut. I am a member of the Connecticut Mortgage Bankers Association and sit on the Closing and Compliance Committee. I am also a member of the Real Estate Finance Association Hartford Chapter and an Affliate Member of the Greater Hartford Association of Realtors and CT Association of Realtors., 1983
- Commercial Lenders
- Home Purchasers
- Home Sellers
- Mortgage Bankers
- Mortgage Lenders
- New Home Buyers
- Property Developers
- Property Investors
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022