Margaret Fogerty Rattigan
Top Rated Construction Litigation Attorney in Granby, CT
Since 1991 Attorney Rattigan has practiced law in Connecticut. She is an accomplished civil trial attorney and concentrates her practice on construction litigation, arbitration and mediation of construction disputes, personal injury cases involving automobile accidents as well as sexual abuse and sexual assault. She has also had the opportunity to represent clients in probate litigation and will contests, insurance coverage disputes, debt collection, defense of professional liability claims, residential and commercial lease disputes, evictions and foreclosures.
Attorney Rattigan has conducted numerous trials and evidentiary hearings in State and Federal courts and before administrative agencies. She has conducted arbitrations and mediations both as an advocate and as an appointed neutral arbitrator. Her construction practice has included representation of general contractors and sureties as well as design professionals, subcontractors, material suppliers and homeowners in a wide array of disputes ranging from single-family residential Home Improvement Act cases to multimillion-dollar municipal and state projects.
Her practice has included representing individuals, families and companies in a wide range of administrative matters including discrimination claims before the Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities, student disciplinary and unemployment proceedings as well as tax appeals and land use applications.
Attorney Rattigan quickly assesses a client's situation and is able to offer reasonable options to meet a client's objectives while keeping the client's best interests as the priority. She is an aggressive but professional advocate for her clients.
Attorney Rattigan completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Connecticut in 1981 and attended the University of Connecticut School of Law graduating with honors in 1991. She has been in private practice since her admission to the bar in 1991. She resides in West Hartford with her family and dogs.
About Margaret Fogerty Rattigan
First Admitted: 1991, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.mlkrlaw.com/Margaret-Rattigan.html
- University of Connecticut, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, 1981
- University of Connecticut School of Law, graduated with Honors, 1991
- Southern Connecticut State University, Masters program in Family Therapy, 1982
- Dean's Fellow, University of Connecticut School of Law, 1989
- Graduated with Honors, University of Connecticut School of Law , 1991
- Trial Practice Award , University of Connecticut School of Law, 1991
- Member of Connecticut Bar Association, Construction and Alternative Dispute sections. Member Hartford County Bar Association., 1991
- Lawrence Brunoli, Inc., Rudolph Netsch Construction Co., Inc., Specialty Transportation Co. Inc., Hartford Toyota and Acranom Masonry, Inc., 1991
- Appointed to Neutral Panel of Arbitrators, American Dipsute Resolution Center, Inc. and American Arbitration Association., 2008
Pro bono/Community Service
- In 2014 became a board member of Playhouse on Park West Hartford, Connecticut. In 2006, became a founding Member of the non-profit organization WAVE (Women Against Violence Everywhere, Inc.) whose mission is to provide assistance, housing, temporary shelter and education to women, children and families whose lives have been impacted by gender-based violence. Active in volunteering for the West Hartford School system especially programs involving the Arts., 2014
- Alterantove Dispute Resolution
- Arbitration And Mediation
- Defense Of Commission On Human Rights And Opportunities Claims
- Land Use And Development
- School Transportation Companies
- State And Municipal Adminstrative Agencies
- State And Municipal General Contractors And Subcontractors
- Surety Bond Companies
- Tax Appeals
Last Updated: 5/15/2022