Christopher P. Kriesen
Top Rated Alternative Dispute Resolution Attorney in Hartford, CT
- Virtual Appointments
Attorney Christopher P. Kriesen is the founder and principal of the Kalon Law Firm, LLC. He formed the firm in 2017 to fulfill his vision of a better way to practice law, serve clients, and promote social good through entrepreneurship. He leads the firm and serves as the ethics officer.
Attorney Kriesen has handled cases in State and Federal Court, has argued appeals before Connecticut’s Appellate and Supreme Courts, and has helped prepare amicus briefs on issues raising cases of first impression before the Supreme Court.
He is a trained mediator (Harvard Law School, Advanced Mediation Workshop, Program on Negotiation and the Quinnipiac School of Law Center on Dispute Resolution). He serves as an Attorney Trial Referee, Fact Finder, and Arbitrator in the Hartford Superior Court.
- The Next Step in Mediations (2020) - Storytelling as a dispute resolution tool.
- Mediations Are a Kind of Disruptive Innovation (2018) - Mediations are a disruption to the incumbant litigation model of dispute resolution.
- Pending Extinctions in Legal Practice Areas (2018) - Asserts lawyers do think think like business people in understanding market trends. Technology will eliminate proplems that lawyers solve, eliminating practice areas.
About Christopher P. Kriesen
First Admitted: 1993, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://kalonlawfirm.com/people/kriesen-christopher-p/
Graduate thesis completed at Trinity College for the degree of Master of Arts in English. An argument in favor of the role of advocacy, with an analysis of the conflict between the worldviews of Plato and the sophists., Wrestling with the Sophists: An Encomium of Lawyers, Academy, 2013
- Mediators Beyond Borders International , 2019
Hartford County Bar Association, 2018
Connecticut Hispanic Bar Association, 2018
- Connecticut Bar Association (Litigation, Appellate, ADR Sections), 2018
George W. Crawford Black Bar Association, 2018
Oliver Ellsworth American Inn of Court, 2018
Connecticut Bar Foundation, 2018
Connecticut Asian Pacific American Bar Association, 2018
Pro bono/Community Service
- Teacher of basic literacy, Greater Hartford Literacy Volunteers., 2019
Founder, The Kalon Human Rights Clinic. Focus on pro bono asylum claims., 2018
- $500,000.00 pre-suit settlement of a personal injury claim arising from a motor vehicle accident., 2019
- BREEN v. LIBERTY MUTUAL HHD-CV-15-6060689-S State Court, Hartford MV v. Bike Trial: 1/27/17 Claimed Damages: $52,573 Award: $58,783, reduced by 50% comparative, 2017
- Hevereth Bonelo v. Liberty Honda NO. HHD CV10-6014245-S Client: Liberty Honda DBA JBJ Associates Opposing Counsel: Sally Roberts Case: Claims of Intentional and Negligent Infliction of emotional distress after employee called police to conduct a welfare check into paternity. Plaintiff claimed he lost his job and son treated for a year. Son’s therapist testified and admitted on cross that her treatment of the son was not related to the claimed incident. Plaintiff father testified , investigating officer testified, former employee of client testified. Defense verdict., 2013
- Sports Domain v. Max Specialty Ins. Co. and James River Insurance Co. NNH CV 09 5025291S Client: James River Opposing Counsel: Plaintiff, Frank Kolb; Max Specialty, John Fabiani Case: Claim for coverage under property policy for total loss of sports dome due to a collapse. Value was stipulated at $450,000.00. Max Specialty asserted that although the collapse occurred on the first day of their policy, the loss actually began during James River’s policy period. Court side trial before Judge William Hadden, JTR, August 3, 2011. Six fact witnesses. Result: Judgment in favor of James River, 2012
- Harvard Law School, Program on Negotiation, Negotiation and Dispute Resolution Seminar (2020) A twenty-three hour seminar for negotiators focusing on negotiation to create optimal resolutions to disputes., 2020
Harvard Law School, Program on Negotiation (Executive Education)
Advanced Mediation Workshop (2018), 2018
Stanford University Graduate School of Business
• LEAD Certificate: Corporate Innovation (Learn Engage Accelerate Disrupt) (2017). A one-year, eight class program in innovation. Intellectual Contribution Award in Critical Analytical Thinking Class., 2017
Trinity College, Master of Arts, English, Wriitng, Rhetoric, and Media Arts. Honors., 2013
- Univerisity of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 1993
Villanova University, 1988
- , Distinguished Leader in the Law, The Connecticut Law Tribune, 2021
Game Changer, Game Changer, Connecticut Law Tribune Professional Excellence Awards, 2018
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers, Mediation, Hartford, 2021., 2021
- AV Rated Martindale-Hubbell, 2019
- Founder of the Kalon ADR Center (https://kalonlawfirm.com/what/ADR/), 2018
- Founder of The Kalon Law Firm (June, 2017) an innovative law firm, with a pro bono clinic, ADR center, and Fellows program., 2017
Last Updated: 5/30/2022