Top rated criminal defense attorney in Hartford, ConnecticutLaw Office of Jason Goddard
As the founder and owner of Jason C. Goddard, LLC, in Hartford, Connecticut, attorney Jason Goddard provides exceptional advocacy and support to those facing serious criminal charges as well as those in need of effective post-conviction relief and child protection. In addition, he also devotes a portion of his practice to personal injury to help those suffering needlessly as a result of someone else's negligence.
Focusing primarily on criminal defense, Mr. Goddard delivers unmatched representation for his clients throughout Connecticut and New York who have been accused or are under investigation for serious felony offenses and misdemeanors, including DUI and white collar crimes. Early in his career, he served as a Public Defender in New Haven, Connecticut, where he gained invaluable trial experience along with a keen insight into the criminal justice system.
Since entering private practice, Mr. Goddard has achieved notable success fighting for the rights and liberties of his clients in state and federal courts across his region. Recognized for his impeccable professionalism and service, he has earned top ratings from his peers, including being recognized by Super Lawyers for 2018, 2019 and 2020. He was selected for 10 Best in Client Satisfaction from the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys in 2016. He has also received positive testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients and in May 2019 he and his Firm were recognized as Best Law Firm by Hartford Magazine. Mr. Goddard was also selected as a member of The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Criminal Defense for 2020 and 2021.
A 1993 graduate of Western New England University in Springfield, Massachusetts, Mr. Goddard attended Roger Williams University School of Law in Bristol, Rhode Island, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2007. He holds his licenses to practice in New York and Connecticut, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut.
Mr. Goddard is an active member of the Connecticut and New York State Bar Associations, a Executive Board Member board of the Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, The National Trial Lawyers and the American Institute of Criminal Attorneys. Committed to his local community as well, he volunteers his time and services with Sisters’ Journey, Inc., coaches the Mock Trial team at a local high school and serves on the board of The Bridge Family Center in the role as Board Secretary.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal defense: white collar
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Failure to pay child support, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Overdrawn bank account, Parole, Probation, Sex offenses, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, DUI/DWI, White collar crime, Criminal law - federal
- 60% Criminal defense
- 20% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Criminal defense: white collar
First Admitted: 2010, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jason-goddard-946697105/
- Since 2017 I have served as a member of the Human Rights Commission in the town of Wethersfield, Connecticut.
- Since 2012 I have served on the board of a non-profit organization that serves the needs of abused children and families. For the last three years I have been elected and serve as Board Secretary.
- In May of 2019 the client was acquitted on all counts. Secured a verdict of not guilty on the charges of first degree murder and possession of a firearm., 2019
- Selected to the Top 100 List for Criminal Defense 2020 and 2021, National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Criminal Defense, The National Trial Lawyers , 2020
- Selected to the Top 100 List for Criminal Defense, National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Criminal Defense, The National Trial Lawyers, 2021
- Member at Large-Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Executive Board , 2021
Office location for Jason Goddard
363 Main Street
Hartford, CT 06106
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2020