Anthony R. Minchella
Top rated business litigation attorney in Middlebury, ConnecticutMinchella & Associates, L.L.C.
Recognized throughout Connecticut as a leader in business, employment and labor law, Anthony R. Minchella is the founder of Minchella Law. He also handles other matters, including real estate and general litigation.
Mr. Minchella’s clientele include small companies, individuals, Fortune 50 corporations in the financial services industry, employees, specialty product businesses and contractors. Having decades of experience enables him to pinpoint a client’s interests and develop a plan to protect those interests. He regularly advises individuals and businesses everyday on highly complex issues.
Thanks to his experience and success, Mr. Minchella has earned the highest peer review rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell; he has an Avvo “Superb” rating; and American Lawyer Media voted him a New Leader of the Law in Connecticut.
After earning a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from St. Bonaventure University, Mr. Minchella went on to graduate magna cum laude with a Juris Doctor from the Quinnipiac University School of Law in 1996.
Mr. Minchella is a fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America and a James W. Cooper Fellow of the Connecticut Bar Foundation. He holds memberships with the American Bar Association, the Connecticut Bar Association and the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association. He also serves as Vice President of the Raymond E. Baldwin Inn of Court.
When he is not serving clients, Mr. Minchella is highly involved in his local community. He is on the board of trustees for the Mt. Irenaeus Franciscan Mountain Retreat, and he does pro bono work for various nonprofit groups. He is a Commissioner on the Middlebury, Connecticut Economic Development Commission. Additionally, he serves as an adjunct professor in advanced civil procedure and law practice management at the Quinnipiac University School of Law.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Employment & labor: employer, Employment & labor: employee, General litigation, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Wage & hour laws, Sexual harassment, Labor law, Litigation, Personal injury - plaintiff, Personal injury - defense
- 40% Business litigation
- 30% Employment & labor: employer
- 10% Employment & labor: employee
- 10% General litigation
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1997, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://minchellalaw.com/our-firm-represents-small-to-fortun...
- St. Bonaventure University, BA Philosophy, Minor Business Administration, May, 1989
- J.D., Magna Cum Laude, Quinnipiac University School of Law, 1996
- Bruce v. Home Depot, U.S.A., Inc., 308 F.Supp.2d 72 (D.Conn., 2004)
- Johnson Electric v. Salce Contracting Assoc., 75 Conn. App. 333 (2002)
- Lord v. Lord, 33 Conn. L.Rptr. 88 (2002)
- Nation Electrical Contracting v. St. Dimitrie Romanian Orthodox Church, 144 Conn. App. 808 (2013)
- Weiss v. Weiss, 297 Conn. 446 (2010)
- Sanitary Refuse Co. v. Peterbilt of Conn., Inc., 21 Conn. L.Rptr. 363 (1998)
- Demiraj v. Ulaj et al., 137 Conn. App. 800 (2012)
- Weiss v. Weiss, 375 F.Supp.2d 10 (D. Conn. 2005)
- Stone v. Town of Newtown et. al 32 Conn. L.Rptr. 445 (2002)
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Quinnipiac Law School, Advanced Civil Procedure and Law Practice Management, Spring 2002-Present
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Continuing Legal Education Comm., Lecturer
- To Plead or Not to Plead, Connecticut Lawyer, Vol. 5, No. 11 (2001)
- 50 State Compendium on Comparative Negligence (Connecticut), American Law Firm Association (1999), Co-Author
- Connecticut Lawyer’s Deskbook, Mechanics Liens, (2008)
- Keeping Trade Secrets Under Wraps, Connecticut Law Tribune, March 20, 2010, Vol. 36, No. 13.
- Don’t Throw the Baby Out with the Bath Water: Remedies to Keep an LLC Alive, Connecticut Lawyer, Vol. 27, No. 3 (2017)
- Connecticut and New England Super Lawyer, Business Litigation 2010-2017
- AV Rating Martindale Hubbell, Martindale Hubbell, 2013
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Corpus Juris Secundum Award: Contracts, Property, Quinnipiac University School of Law
- Outstanding Legal Scholarship Award, Quinnipiac University School of Law
- "New Leader of the Law", American Lawyer Media , 2004
- James W. Cooper Fellow, Connecticut Bar Foundation
- Associate Editor, Quinnipiac Law Review, Quinnipiac University School of Law
- Distinguished Academic Achievement Award: Family Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Legal Drafting and Writing, Quinnipiac University School of Law
- Excellence in Oral Advocacy Award, Quinnipiac University School of Law
- "Go to Law Firm" - Financial Services, American Lawyer Media, Corporate Counsel, 2007
- Named as a “Firm that Represents America’s Biggest Companies” by American Lawyer Media
- American Jurisprudence Award: Contracts, Legal Skills, Quinnipiac University School of Law
- Academic Excellence Award, Quinnipiac University School of Law
- Superior Classroom Performance Award, Quinnipiac University School of Law
- Pro Bono Counsel for Community Non Profits
- Franciscan Mountain Retreat, Inc., Member Board of Trustees and Legal Council Committee
- — U.S. District Court, Western District of New York, 2022
- U.S. District Court, Districts of Connecticut
- — U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2017
- Connecticut Bar Association, Board of Governors and House of Delegates, 2013-2015
- Connecticut Bar Association, Ethics and Professional Responsibility Section, Co-Chair, 1999-2000
- Tribury Chamber of Commerce, Former Director
- New Jersey, 1997
- Vice President, Raymond E. Baldwin American Inn of Court
- Connecticut Bar Association, Federal Practice Section, Co-Chair, 1998-2000
- Connecticut Bar Association, Solo and Small Firm Practice Comm., Former Chair
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Continuing Legal Education Comm., Former Member
- Connecticut, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2017
- Connecticut Bar Association, Executive Board of Young Lawyers Section, Member, 1998-2000
- American Bar Association, Member
- U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals, 2004
- Financial Services
- Professional Services
Office location for Anthony R. Minchella
984 Southford Road
Middlebury, CT 06762
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2022
See legal Q & A provided by Anthony R. Minchella
Q: What Should I Know Before Suing A Business Partner In Connecticut?A: You cannot know everything before suing your business partner, but there are some things you should know. You may need to sue a business partner if … See all answers by Anthony Minchella