H Brian Dumeer
Top rated personal injury attorney in Middletown, ConnecticutCarlson & Dumeer, LLC
As a partner with the Carlson & Dumeer, LLC, law firm, attorney H. Brian Dumeer devotes his time and resources to protecting the rights, liberties and entitlements of innocent accident victims as well as those charged with criminal offenses. From his law firm, which has offices in Hartford and Middletown, Connecticut, Mr. Dumeer uses his extensive knowledge and experience to serve clients throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts who face legal challenges involving any of the following:
- Catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death claims resulting from automobile and commercial truck accidents, dangerous property conditions and slip-and-fall accidents, defective products, dog bites, sexual abuse and other acts of negligence or wrongdoing
- Criminal defense against all types of felony and misdemeanor charges
After graduating from Roger Williams University in 2006 with a Bachelor of Arts in political science, Mr. Dumeer returned to his alma mater and obtained his Juris Doctor from Roger Williams University School of Law in 2009. That same year, the Massachusetts Bar Association admitted him to practice, and the Connecticut Bar Association admitted him in 2010.
While in law school, Mr. Dumeer completed internships with the offices of the Connecticut attorney general and the Middlesex County state attorney. From this experience, he gained invaluable insight into how prosecutors build their cases, enabling him to devise more effective defense strategies on behalf of his clients charged with crimes. He then worked for another area law firm where he focused on criminal defense and personal injury cases before co-founding the private practice that bears his name today.
Aside from practicing law, Mr. Dumeer is actively involved with his community. He volunteers for the Middlesex United Way and the Young Leaders Society as well as the Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce. He is also heavily involved with the Middlesex Community College Foundation, and he is currently chairman for the foundation's fundraising committee.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Criminal defense, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Personal injury - defense, Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Prosecution, Sex offenses, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 2009, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.carlsondumeer.com/about-us/attorney-brian-dumeer...
- Middlesex Chamber of Commerce
- Middlesex Community College, Middlesex Community College Foundation Board, Chairman of the Foundation’s Fundraising Committee
- Middlesex United Way, The Young Leaders Society
- Roger Williams University, B.A., Majors: Political Science
- Attorney Dumeer represented a client who was stopped at a stop sign on Exit 13, northbound, waiting to merge onto Route 9, during that time, he was rear-ended. Our client suffered cervical disc bulges at C3-4, C4-5, and C5-6 causing mild overall canal stenosis with focal disc herniation centrally and left at C6-7; cervical myofascial pain; cervical spondylosis; cervical radiculitis; myofascial pain. After significant conservative treatment ultimately the clinet underwent a cervical fusion. The client did have a significant prior history of cervical issues, and the insurance company offered $125,000.00 to settle the claim at the pre-trial conference. Attorney Dumeer, refused to accept the offer and reiterated his demand for the entire policy of $250,000.00. Ultimately the week prior to trial the insurance company tendered the full policy and the case settled for $250,000.00.
- Client was facing charges that included: Felony - Possession of Drug Paraphernalia in a school zone Felony - Possession of Crack/Cocaine with the intent to sell Felony - Possession of a controlled substance within 1500 feet of a school Felony - Possession of Narcotics Possession of Marijuana. Before Attorney Dumeer, was hired in the matter, the prosecutor offered the clinet a term of incarceration of 18 years, after reviewing the warrant in this case, Attorney Dumeer, drafted a motion seeking the dismissal of the charges. Ultimately, the charges were dismissed. , 2016
- Attorney Dumeer represented a client who was traveling on 91 southbound in Meriden, Connecticut, when she stopped for a stopped for the vehicle in front of her near exit 18. At the same time, the tortfeasor was traveling behind the Plaintiff when he failed to stop and collided with the rear of another stopped vehicle that struck the rear of The Plaintiff's vehicle. As a result of the accident, the tortfeasor's insurance company tendered his policy limits of $100,000. Due to the exhaustion of the tortfeasor's policy limits, the Plaintiff sought recovery from the UIM Carrier. The Plaintiff suffered from and was diagnosed primarily with cervical spondylosis, C5-C6 and C6-C7; cervical spondylosis; cervical foraminal stenosis; cervical radiculopathy; a disc bulge at C5-C6 with posterior osteophytes; and a moderate sized focal right paracentral lateral disc protrusion. For these injuries, the Plaintiff was forced to undergo courses of physical therapy, treat with orthopedists, undergo extensive imaging studies, receive epidural injections, and have surgery consisting of a anterior cervical diskectomy and fusion C5-C6 and C6-C7 using PEEK interbody cage with OsteoAMP, anterior instrumentation C5-C6 and C6-C7. She was assigned a fifteen percent (15%) permanent impairment to her cervical spine. The matter settled for the tortfeasor policy limits of $100,000.00 and with the UIM carrier for $450,000.
- — Attorney Dumeer represented a client who was traveling home from work at 2 A.M. when a drunk driver crossed the center lane of travel and hit him head on. The individual was so intoxicated that he was transported from the scene by ambulance. Our client was significantly injured in the accident and immediately sought medical attention for his injures. After numerous conservative modalities of treatment were attempted our client elected follow the recommendation of his doctor and have a two level cervical fusion. After surgery he was assigned a thirty percent (30%) permanent impairment to his cervical spine as the surgeon suspected a non-union. After a mediation that spanned over the course of a week Attorney Dumeer was able to secure the client a settlement of $625,000.00. , 625
- Nationally Ranked Top 10 Under 40, National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2017
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers, 2017
- Served on University Honor Board
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers, 2018
Office location for H Brian Dumeer
85 Broad St
Middletown, CT 06457
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2022