Carl T. Gulliver is a solo practitioner at Carl Gulliver Law, llc. He focuses his practice on consumer and business bankruptcy. From the firm’s offices in New Haven, Connecticut, he represents both debtors and creditors in New Haven, Middlesex, New London and Fairfield counties and throughout the state. Mr. Gulliver has been admitted to practice in Connecticut since 1985.
Mr. Gulliver’s bankruptcy experience has encompassed cases falling under Chapters 7, 11, 12, and 13. In addition to his representation of businesses and consumers that are struggling with seemingly insurmountable financial obligations, he has provided advice and counsel to individual creditors as well as creditor committees.
Formerly a member of Coan, Lewendon, Gulliver & Miltenberger, LLC,Mr. Gulliver has practiced in Connecticut for over 30 years. As an undergraduate, Mr. Gulliver attended Ohio Wesleyan University, where he majored in journalism and received a Bachelor of Arts in 1973. He subsequently went on to pursue his legal education at The George Washington University Law School, and he was the notes editor for what was then known as the Journal of International Law and Economics before being awarded his Juris Doctor in 1980. A former chair of the Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section of the Connecticut Bar Association, Mr. Gulliver has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
First Admitted: 1982, Washington DC
Professional Webpage: https://cgulliverlaw.com/carl-gulliver-ct-bankruptcylawyer/
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Connecticut Bar Association, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Sections, Treasurer, 2008 to 2010
- Connecticut Bar Association, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Sections, Vice Chairman, 2010 to 2012
- Connecticut Bar Association, Executive Committee, Member, 2015 - 2016
- Connecticut Bar Association, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section, Chair, 2012 - 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1984
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 1983
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1986
- Maryland, 1982
- Connecticut, 1985
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized by Connecticut Magazine as a Connecticut Super Lawyer in Bankruptcy
- Bankruptcy and Related Law Seminars, New Haven County Bar Association, 1990 to Present
- Connecticut Bar Journal, Senior Topical Editor for Bankruptcy, 1997 to Present
- Bankruptcy and Related Law Seminars, National Business Institute, 1992 to 1995
- Bankruptcy and Related Law Seminars, Connecticut Bar Association, 1993 to Present
- Ohio Wesleyan University, B.A., Major: Journalism, 1973
- Business Bankruptcy, American Board of Certification
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2023