Top rated Personal Injury attorney in New Haven, ConnecticutJacobs & Dow, LLC
Jonathan Katz is a personal injury attorney in New Haven, Connecticut, with over 40 years of experience. Mr. Katz is the managing partner of the law firm Jacobs & Dow, LLC, and serves clients in New Haven, West Haven, North Haven, Hamden, Bridgeport and Stratford. He represents the injured and their families in catastrophic injury cases involving car accidents, medical malpractice and other issues. In addition to personal injury law, Mr. Katz practices business litigation.
Over the years, Mr. Katz has established himself as one of the state’s premiere litigators and arbitrators. He has tried cases before several Connecticut state courts and administrative agencies and argued before the Connecticut Appellate Court, the Connecticut Supreme Court and the U.S. Tax Court.
Outside of his law practice, Mr. Katz serves as an arbitrator and attorney state trial referee for the New Haven Judicial District. He is a member of the Connecticut Bar Association and the American Association for Justice and sits on the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association Medical Malpractice Committee.
Among other honors Mr. Katz has received, “The Best Lawyers in America” included him in its publication many years in a row for business litigation, medical malpractice and personal injury.
In 1975, Mr. Katz graduated magna cum laude from the University of Connecticut with a bachelor’s degree. He earned his law degree from Northeastern University School of Law in 1979. He holds licenses to practice law before all Connecticut state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut, the U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Business Litigation
Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- 60% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10% Business Litigation
First Admitted: 1979, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.jacobslaw.com/attorney/katz-jonathan/
- , Best Lawyers in America, 2013 - 2015
- Connecticut Super Lawyer, Personal Injury-Medical Malpractice, 2006 - 2015, Connecticut Magazine
- Coregis Ins. Co. v. Goldstein, 32 F. Supp. 508, 1998, D. Conn.
- Faile v. Zarich, WL 2036786, 2009
- Faile v. Zarich, WL 2967045, 2008
- Prims v. Ciccarelli, WL 3088071, 2007
- Zanker Group LLC v. Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo, PC and Scott Meza, WL 2756876, 2008, D. Conn.
- Van Dyck Printing Company v. Johnson Graphics, Ltd., 15 Conn. App. 119, 543 A.2d 1349, 1988
- Samperi v. Planning & Zoning Comm'n, 40 Conn. App. 840, 674 A.2d 432, 1996
- Samperi v. West Haven Inland Wetlands Agency, 226 Conn. 579, 628 A.2d 1286, 1993
- Shirvani v. Capital Investing Corporation, 112 F.R.D. 389, 1986, D. Conn.
- Connecticut, 1979
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member, Medical Malpractice Committee
- American Association for Justice, Member
- New Haven County Bar Association, Member
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1990
- U.S. Tax Court, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1981
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1979
- University of Connecticut, B.A., magna cum laude, With Honors, Phi Beta Kappa, Political Science, 1975
Office location for Jonathan Katz
350 Orange Street
New Haven, CT 06511
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023