Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in New Haven, CT
Representing clients throughout Connecticut, Sebastian DeSantis is an attorney and founder of the DeSantis Law Firm in New Haven. With experience handling thousands of criminal justice cases at all levels of the courts, his practice is focused on criminal law, federal criminal law, drug offenses and sex offenses. A certified criminal trial advocate qualified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, he joins a small group of attorneys at the highest level of his profession.
A former member of the National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Criminal Trial Lawyers, Mr. DeSantis is actively involved as a member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, the Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Connecticut Bar Association. For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he is AV Preeminent* peer-review rated, the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell.
While attending the University of Connecticut for his undergraduate degree, he earned a Bachelor of Arts before moving on to law school. At Suffolk University Law School, he earned a Juris Doctor, and he also received a Master of Business Administration from the Suffolk University Sawyer Business School. With over 20 years of experience, he is admitted to practice in the state of Connecticut and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Mr. DeSantis is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st and 2nd Circuits, the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut. His volunteer and pro bono work includes time spent with the New London Democratic Town Committee, the Sound Community and the Garde Arts Theater.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 80%Criminal Defense
- 10%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10%Family Law
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Failure to Pay Child Support, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Overdrawn Bank Account, Parole, Probation, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, DUI/DWI, Domestic Violence
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Sebastian DeSantis
First Admitted: 1998, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://desantislawyer.com/about/
- , One of the Top 100 Criminal Trial Lawyers starting in 2013 by the National Trial Lawyers
- , Rated by Martindale
- Board Certified Criminal Trial Advocate (www.NBTAlawyers.com) since 2006
- Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- District of Massachusetts
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- District of Connecticut
- University of Connecticut Bachelor's Degree, B.A., 1994
- Suffolk University School of Business, MBA
Last Updated: 5/31/2022