Steven D. Jacobs
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in New Haven, CT
At the beginning of a long line of attorneys in his family, Steven D. Jacobs is a driven, committed lawyer who represents clients in New Haven, Connecticut, in cases of medical malpractice, workers’ compensation, personal injury and motor vehicle accidents. During his career spanning almost four decades, he has helped hundreds of clients get the compensation they need after they have been injured or ill because of the negligence of another.
Admitted to practice in both Illinois and Connecticut, Mr. Jacobs is also admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit and the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut. He is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, the New Haven County Bar Association, the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association and the Connecticut Bar Association.
Mr. Jacobs earned a Bachelor of Arts in History in 1980 from Trinity College. At the University of Pittsburgh, School of Law, he earned a Juris Doctor in 1995. He is known for his knowledge and experience and is an effective advocate for those who are dealing with appellate cases.
An active member of the legal community, Mr. Jacobs is also generous with his time with local charity and nonprofit organizations. He volunteers with the Project Youth Court, the New Haven Reads, State Legal Services, and he is a Special Master for the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut, and an arbitrator for the Connecticut Supreme Court.
- 60%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
About Steven D. Jacobs
First Admitted: 1985, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.jacobs-jacobs.com/attorneys/steven-d-jacobs/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Special Master, U.S.D.C. Connecticut, 1996 - Present
- Project Youth Court, 2019
- Law Camp, 2018, 2019
- New Haven Reads, 2017 - Present
- Statewide Legal Services, 2011 - Present
- Arbitrator, Connecticut Supreme Court, 2000 - Present
- Trinity College, Hartford, Connecticut, BA - 1980, Major: History
- Connecticut Bar Association, 1985 – Present
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2019
- Illinois, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit, 1990
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 1986
- Connecticut, 1985
- Illinois Bar Association, 1996 – Present
- American Association for Justice
- New Haven County Bar Association, 1985 – Present
- Connecticut Trial Lawyer Association, 1985 – Present
Last Updated: 5/24/2022