Eileen C. Duggan
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in New London, CT
Eileen C. Duggan is an attorney at Suisman Shapiro Attorneys-at-Law in New London, Connecticut. Ms. Duggan concentrates her practice on municipal, labor and employment law, representing clients throughout the New London area.
Ms. Duggan has over 25 years of legal experience. She handles employment and labor matters involving collective bargaining, compliance issues, grievances, personnel policies, wage and hour disputes, and other issues. Over the course of her career, she has argued before agencies such as the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities, the Connecticut State Board of Labor Relations and the Connecticut State Board of Mediation and Arbitration.
In addition to her private practice, Ms. Duggan is the Town Attorney for the Town of Groton and sits on the board of the Connecticut Association of Municipal Attorneys. Active in her community, she also serves as trustee for the Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center, as a board member of the USS Groton Sail Foundation and as a member of the Yale Alumni Schools Committee.
Ms. Duggan is also active in professional organizations. She belongs to the New London County Bar Association and the Connecticut Bar Association. She is a fellow of the Connecticut Bar Foundation James W. Cooper Fellows program and an affiliated member of the Connecticut Public Employer Labor Relations Association.
In 1990, Ms. Duggan graduated summa cum laude from Yale University with a bachelor’s degree. She received her law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1993. She holds licenses to practice law before all Connecticut state courts and the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut.
About Eileen C. Duggan
First Admitted: 1993, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.suismanshapiro.com/attorney/eileen-c-duggan/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center, Trustee
- Yale Alumni Schools Committee, Member
- U.S.S. Groton Sail Foundation and as Treasurer on the board of the Eastern Connecticut Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- Covenant Shelter and Connecticut Adoption and Family Services, Board
- St. Joseph Church in New London, Eucharistic Minister and Lector
- Ministry of Care to New London
- Connecticut, 1993
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1994
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Association of Municipal Attorneys, Member
- Connecticut Bar Foundation James W. Cooper Fellows Program, Elected as a Fellow, 2002
- Connecticut Public Employer Labor Relations Association, Affiliated Member
- New London County Bar Association, Member
- Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut Honors: summa cum laude, 1990
Last Updated: 6/14/2022