John J. Nazzaro
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in New London, CT
- Free Consultation
John J. Nazzaro is an attorney with The Reardon Law Firm, P.C., in New London, Connecticut. Board certified in civil trial law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and possessing more than 37 years of legal experience, Mr. Nazzaro represents the rights and interests of clients throughout the state who have serious personal injury or wrongful death claims arising from motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, defective products, dangerous property conditions and other preventable tragedies.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Nazzaro has handled hundreds of cases in state and federal courts across his region, recovering millions of dollars in total compensation for his plaintiff clients. Prior to focusing on plaintiff personal injury law, Mr. Nazzaro worked as an organized crime and public integrity prosecutor where he gained invaluable trial skills that bolster his effectiveness as a trial advocate to this day.
In addition to maintaining a successful trial practice, Mr. Nazzaro was appointed in 2007 to serve as a Judge of the Connecticut Superior Court. He also served as the Chief Civil Judge in New London's Judicial District and as a jurist presided over numerous civil and criminal jury and courtside trials.
He was recognized for his exemplary professionalism and unwavering commitment to those he serves. Mr. Nazzaro has received numerous accolades from his peers along with many positive testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients. in 2016, He received the Outstanding Achievement and Professional Accomplishment award from the Connecticut Law Tribune.
After graduating in 1980 from Southern Connecticut State University with a degree in journalism, Mr. Nazzaro worked as a broadcast news reporter and while he was an attorney, he co-hosted his own cable public affairs television show. He attended Quinnipiac University School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1984.
A leader in his legal community, Mr. Nazzaro is a member of Association of Trial Lawyers of America and the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association. in 2016, Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy appointed then Judge Nazzaro to serve on the State Judicial Review Council. During his time as a jurist, as a member of the Judicial Branch Speakers Bureau, he also lectured on the law with school and civic groups.
Attorney Nazzaro remains active in his community. He has chaired non-profits. He is on the President's Council of the Mystic Marinelife Aquarium. He has coached youth football and soccer. He is active with the New London Chapter of the NAACP. He is a member of both the National and Connecticut Asian Pacific Bar Associations. He also serves on the Connecticut Motor Vehicle Commissioner's Advisory Committee on Safe Teen Driving. He lectures frequently on the law, court services, justice, addiction and recovery and other social topics to student and community groups.
- 100%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2007, 2019 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About John J. Nazzaro
First Admitted: 1984, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.reardonlaw.com/Attorneys/John-J-Nazzaro.shtml
- Juris Doctorate, Quinnipiac University School of Law, with Honors., 1984
- Bachelor of Science, Journalism, Southern Connecticut State University, New Haven, Connecticut, Honors: With Honors., 1980
- Board Certified in Civil Law, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 1995
- Reappointed by Governor Dan Malloy to second term as a jurist., Superior Court Judge, State of Connecticut, 2016
- Connecticut Law Tribune bestowed an Excellence award to the former jurist for "Outstanding Achievement and Professional Accomplishment", Lifetime Achievement Award, 2016
- Appointed by Governor M. Jodi Rell to eight year term., Superior Court Judge, State of Connecticut, 2007
- Presided over hundreds of bench trials and numerous jury cases., As a Judge, authored more than four hundred decisions., 2017
- NAACP New London Chapter, 2018
- Connecticut Asian Pacific Bar Association, member; First Male Asian Judge of the Connecticut Superior Court., 2007
- Natioinal Asian Pacific Bar Associan, member, 2007
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, 1988
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 1988
- 1,200,000.000 Eric & Melanie Thompson v. Samuel McGrath, et al, KNL-CV-19-6039689-S (husband and wife sustained serious injury in MVA), 2020
- $720,000.00 settlement for young passenger in a motor vehicle accident., 2021
- 1,100,000.00 Amber Castle v. Bruce Adams, Executor for Estate of Adams, KNL-CV-19-6011341-S (24 year old sustained serious injury in MVA), 2020
- $500,000.00 Jorge Rosa v. Car Service, Inc. D/B/A BMW of New London, CT, KNL-CV-18-6033517-S (cognitive impairment secondary to MVA), 2019
Pro bono/Community Service
- President's Council, Mystic Marinelife Aquarium, 2020
- Nominated to Executive Committee, NAACP, New London Chapter, 2021
- Motor Vehicle Commissioner's Advisory Committee on Safe Teen Driving, 2008
Last Updated: 5/15/2022