M. John Strafaci
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in New London, CT
- Free Consultation
M. John Strafaci is a personal injury and employment law attorney in New London, Connecticut. The founding attorney of John Strafaci Law, Mr. Strafaci has over 35 years of experience. In addition to personal injury and employment law, he also helps clients with issues in gaming law, representing clients in tribal courts at both Foxwoods and the Mohegan Sun casinos.
A highly experienced litigator, Mr. Strafaci has secured recoveries worth millions of dollars on behalf of injured individuals. His clients include casino patrons, as well as tribal and nontribal employees. In his employment law practice, he handles cases involving gaming license suspensions, workers’ compensation and wrongful terminations.
Outside of the tribal courts, Mr. Strafaci represents injured people and their families in Connecticut state and federal courts. Knowing that a catastrophic injury can have devastating consequences for a whole family, he provides dedicated legal service and advocates strongly for his clients’ right to compensation.
Always looking for ways to serve his local community, Mr. Strafaci has served as mayor for the city of New London, on the New London Public Schools Board of Education and on the New London City Council. He also previously served as chairperson of the New London Housing Authority. He has also served as a Little League coach.
Active in legal organizations, Mr. Strafaci belongs to the Connecticut Bar Association’s Indian Law Section, the Rhode Island Bar Association, the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice. He is also a member of the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Bar and the Mohegan Gaming Disputes Court. He received a bachelor’s degree in political science from the George Washington University and earned his law degree from Syracuse University College of Law.
- 40%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- 10%Civil Rights
- 10%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 10%Native American Law
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Brain Injury, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Employment Law - Employee
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2012, 2014 - 2015, 2017 - 2022
About M. John Strafaci
First Admitted: 1985, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.strafacilaw.com/new-london-law-office/personal-i...
- Super Lawyer, 2010-2012, 2014-2015
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member of Indian Law Section
- Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Court, 1991
- Mohegan Gaming Disputes Court, 2001
- Mohegan Tribal Court, 2006
- Connecticut Federal District Court, 1991
- $2.9 million – August 2009 – Richard Murch v. Mashantucket Pequot Gaming Enterprise (tribal record)
- $550,000 – February 2020 – Milleonya v. Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority
- Mashantucket Pequot Gaming Enterprise v. Holmander, 6 Mash. Rep. 243, Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Court (2015)
- Desai v. Mashantucket Pequot Gaming Enterprise, 5 Mash. Rep. 422, Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Court (2012)
- Clute v. Office of Direction of Regulation, 10 Am. Tribal Law 147, Mohegan Gaming Disputes Court (2009)
- General Linen Service Company, Inc. v. Virgil’s Mohegan Sun, LLC, 14 Am. Tribal Law 99, Mohegan Gaming Disputes Court (2015)
- LeTarte v. Mashantucket Pequot Gaming Enterprise, 2019 WL 1398057, Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Court (2019)
Pro bono/Community Service
- Mayor, City of New London, 1995-1996
- New London Board of Education, 1987-1989
- New London City Council, 1991-1997
- Chairman of New London Housing Authority, 1997-2004
- The George Washington University, B.A., Political Science, Cum Laude, 1982
Last Updated: 5/15/2022