Robert I. Reardon, Jr.
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in New London, CT
Robert I. Reardon, Jr., is an attorney with The Reardon Law Firm, P.C., in New London, Connecticut. Board Certified as a civil trial law specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, Mr. Reardon has more than 40 years of successful legal experience. He currently focuses his practice solely on personal injury law.
Handling all types of serious personal injury and wrongful death claims, Mr. Reardon has achieved considerable success advocating on behalf of those adversely affected by motor vehicle accidents, defective products, medical malpractice and other acts of negligence or wrongdoing. Throughout the course of his career, he has recovered millions of dollars in total compensation for his plaintiff clients, and he has earned national recognition as one of the leading plaintiff injury lawyers in the country.
Among his most notable accolades, Mr. Reardon holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and he received the Award of Achievement from the American Bar Association in 1976. Moreover, the Connecticut Law Tribune bestowed him with the Professional Excellence Award in 2016, and he received the Distinguished Alumnus Award from Fordham University School of Law in 2004.
A 1967 cum laude graduate of Boston College with a Bachelor of Science in Economics, Mr. Reardon obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude from Fordham University School of Law in 1970. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court. A former captain with the U.S. Marine Corps and member of the Judge Advocate General's Corps, he also holds his admission to practice before the U.S. Court of Military Appeals.
A recognized leader in his field, Mr. Reardon published "After the Dust Settles — Other Modes of Relief," and he has conducted numerous lectures and seminars across his region and around the country on a variety of legal topics. He also once served as president of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association as well as governor and delegate of the Connecticut Bar Association. He has also served as governor of the American Association for Justice.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 40%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Robert I. Reardon, Jr.
First Admitted: 1970
Professional Webpage: https://www.reardonlaw.com/Attorneys/Robert-I-Reardon-Jr.sht...
- Governor of the American Association for Justice
- President of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Governor and Delegate of the Connecticut Bar Association
- United States Claims Court
- United States Navy-Marine Corps Court of Military Review
- United States Court of Military Appeals
- Connecticut Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- The Professional Excellence Award, Connecticut Law Tribune, 2016
- Fordham University Law School Distinguished Alumnus Award, 2004
- American Bar Association Award of Achievement, 1976
- Connecticut's Super Lawyers, 2006 - Present
- After the Dust Settles — Other Modes of Relief
- Boston College, B.S. in Economics with cum laude
- Civil Trial Law, The National Board of Trial Advocacy
Last Updated: 5/15/2022