Theodore W. Heiser
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in New London, CT
Theodore W. Heiser is an attorney with Suisman Shapiro Attorneys-at-Law in New London, Connecticut, and he serves as director of the firm's civil litigation department. A nationally ranked trial lawyer with more than 25 years of total legal experience, Mr. Heiser provides invaluable counsel and support to a diverse range of clients across his region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, nursing home abuse, medical malpractice, liquor liability and other acts of negligence or wrongdoing
· Employment and labor law, including workplace discrimination, sexual harassment, noncompete and trade secret issues, partnership disputes and other similar matters
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Heiser has gained a reputation as a staunch advocate who fights hard to protect his clients' rights and interests. A veteran of numerous state and federal trials, he has achieved remarkable success helping his clients obtain the justice they deserve, and he has recovered substantial amounts of compensation and restitution for his plaintiff clients.
At all turns, Mr. Heiser provides the highly personalized counsel his clients need to make the best-informed decisions as he works tirelessly to help them make their lives whole again. Honored for his remarkable professionalism and outstanding client service, he has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with perennial recognition as being among the top 5% of lawyers in his region since 2013.
A 1991 graduate of Gettysburg College, Mr. Heiser obtained his Juris Doctor from The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law in 1995. He is admitted to practice in Connecticut, Maryland and the District of Columbia. He is also an active member of the Connecticut Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association. He also serves on the Standing Committee on Professional Ethics, the Standing Committee on Professionalism and Continuing Legal Education and the Connecticut Lawyer Advisory Committee.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Professional Liability: Plaintiff
Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Professional Malpractice - Other
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
About Theodore W. Heiser
First Admitted: 1995, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.suismanshapiro.com/attorney/theodore-w-heiser/
- Peer review ratings - highest designation., Rated AV Rated Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell’s
- Catholic University of America Law Review , Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Standing Committee on Professional Ethics
- Standing Committee on Professionalism and Continuing Legal Education
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Connecticut Lawyer Advisory Committee
- Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, Virginia, 1991
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of Directors of the Visiting Nurses of the Lower Valley (President 2010 - 2012), 2003
Last Updated: 6/14/2022