Kevin P. Walsh
Top Rated Civil Litigation Attorney in North Haven, CT
Attorney Kevin P. Walsh is a co-founder of Williams, Walsh & O'Connor, LLC in North Haven, Connecticut. A top-rated, award-winning trial advocate with more than 35 years of experience, some of Mr. Walsh’s verdicts have been reported as among the highest in CT. In addition to having been selected to Super Lawyers for more than 13 years and he has also recognized by Best Lawyers in America®, listed in the 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers In America® in the field of Probate Litigation. Mr. Walsh also has extensive experience handling insurance defense matters, medical malpractice, probate litigation, insurance coverage litigation as well as complex commercial litigation.
Recognized for his success, Mr. Walsh holds a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished* peer review rating, and he has received numerous five-star reviews from his satisfied clients. Mr. Walsh received a listing in TopVerdict.com for having two of the 50 top verdicts in the state in 2016, and he has earned a reputation as a leader in his field having been invited to lecture on various topics and with several publications to his credit.
A 1983 graduate of Providence College with dual bachelor’s degrees in History and Political Science, Mr. Walsh studied at the University of Oxford, obtaining his Juris Doctor from Suffolk University Law School in Boston, Massachusetts in 1986. Mr. Walsh first received board certification from National Board of Trial Advocacy in 1999 – 2004. Having passed law exams in Connecticut, Massachusetts and Maine, Mr. Walsh limits his practice to matters in Connecticut and has been admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 30%Civil Litigation: Defense
- 30%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Business Litigation
- 10%Insurance Coverage
Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2010, 2013 - 2022
About Kevin P. Walsh
First Admitted: 1986, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.williamswalshandoconnor.com/attorney/kevin-p-wal...
Pro bono/Community Service
- Catholic Family Charities, 1993 - Present
- American States Insurance Company
- Nationwide Insurance Company
- Zurich Insurance Company
- Amica Insurance Company
- Maryland Insurance Company
- United National Insurance Company
- Gallagher Bassett Insurance
- Peerless Insurance Company
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1994
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut, 1986
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute of Connecticut
- Massachusetts, 1987
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1987
- Co-Author, Superior Deposition Strategies in Connecticut Civil Trial Practice, 2002
- Hot Topics, Trends and News in Personal Injury Law, 2003
- Providence College, B.A. in History/Political Science, 1983
- Oxford University, Institute of International Law, Oxford, England, 1984
Last Updated: 6/2/2022