Michael F. O'Connor
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in North Haven, CT
As a partner with the Williams, Walsh & O'Connor, LLC, law firm in North Haven, Connecticut, attorney Michael F. O'Connor serves the rights and interests of clients throughout the greater New Haven metro region and surrounding areas who suffered an injury or lost a loved one as the result of someone else's negligent, careless or unlawful actions.
Focusing on personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from defective products, dangerous property conditions, municipal liability, motor vehicle accidents, workplace accidents and other preventable tragedies, Mr. O'Connor has achieved notable success advocating on behalf of those in need. He also has considerable experience handling workers' compensation claims and appeals, and he has helped secure numerous substantial settlements and awards for his plaintiff clients.
A 1987 graduate of Villanova University and member of the Phi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honors Society, Mr. O'Connor attended Quinnipiac University School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1990. The Connecticut Bar Association admitted him to practice that same year, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit.
A leader in his field, Mr. O'Connor has co-authored several publications involving civil trial practice basics and personal injury settlements as well as legal guides for paralegals. He has also conducted lectures and seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics, including the effective use of arbitration and mediation at obtaining settlements as opposed to litigation.
Mr. O'Connor is a member of the American Association for Justice and the Connecticut and New Haven Bar Associations. He also serves as arbitrator/mediator for the New Haven and Meriden Superior Courts as well as for Resolute Systems, Inc. In recognition for his impeccable professionalism and service, Mr. O'Connor has earned a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished* peer review rating along with numerous positive reviews and referrals from his satisfied clients.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Michael F. O'Connor
First Admitted: 1990, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.williamswalshandoconnor.com/attorney/michael-f-o...
- Yankee Realty Corp.V. North Haven lanes, 33 Conn.App 56 (1993)
- Phaneuf V. Fraiken, 448 F.3d 591 (2006)
- Giacalone V. Housing Authority of Wallingford, 122 Conn.App.120 (2010)
- Metzermacher V. Town Of Waterford, 301 Fed.Appx.22 (2008)
- Comprehensive Orthopedic V. Axtmayer, 293 Conn.748 (2009)
- Merritt V. Town Of Bethel, 120 Conn.App 806 (2010)
- Herasimovich V. Wallingford, 128 Conn.App.413 (2011)
- Passion v. Nationwide, 219 Conn. 764 (1991)
- Bunch v. Danbury, 94 Fed. Appt. 10 (2004)
- Schwartz v. Stevenson, 31 Conn. App. 581 (1995)
- Wenc v. New London, 235 Conn. 408 (1995)
- Demchak v. Connecticut, 83 Conn. App. 86 (2004)
- McCann v. New Haven, 33 Conn. App. 56 (1993)
- Pimental v. Cherne Industries, 46 Conn. App. 142 (1997)
- Placa v. Ahern, 42 Conn. App. 902 (1996)
- Elliott v. Waterbury, 245 Conn. 385 (1998)
- Villanova University, B.S. in Political Science, Minor in English & Religion, Member, Phi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor
- Arbitrator/Mediator, New Haven Superior Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2004
- New Haven Bar Association
- Arbitrator/Mediator, Resolute Systems, Inc.
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1991
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Arbitrator/Mediator, Meriden Superior Courts
- Connecticut, 1990
- American Association for Justice
- Speaker, Arbitrator/Mediator, Resolute Systems, Inc.
- Co-Author, The Basic Principles of Civil Trial Practice and Procedures in Connecticut, 1998
- Co-Author, Personal Injury Settlements in Connecticut, 1999
- Co-Author, Personal Injury Settlements in Connecticut, 2001
- Co-Author, The Automobile Injury Case for Paralegals in Connecticut, 1999
- Essential Litigation Skills for Paralegals, 2000
- Delta Tau Delta
- Pi Sigma Alpha
Pro bono/Community Service
- Yale Youth Hockey..Volunteered as Vice President ,Coach,Board Member, and Commissioner, 1998
Last Updated: 6/2/2022