Stephen M. Reck
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in North Stonington, ConnecticutThe Law Firm of Stephen M. Reck and Scott D. Camassar, LLC
Stephen M. Reck is an attorney at The Law Offices of Stephen M. Reck and Scott D. Camassar, LLC, located in North Stonington, Connecticut. He focuses his practice solely on personal injury matters and wrongful death as a result of medical malpractice, car and truck accidents, pedestrian and bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents, slips and falls, defective products and dog bites. His passion is fighting for parents whose premature babies were harmed by being fed baby formula while in the NICU.
Attorney Reck is a diligent and tenacious litigator, fighting aggressively for the rights of his injured clients. He understands the pain and the negative consequences of being injured as a result of someone else’s careless and negligent actions. He is a fierce advocate for those harmed through no fault of their own.
Attorney Reck filed the first lawsuit against Abbott Laboratories and Mead Johnson for their products Similac and Enfamil causing Necrotizing Enterocolitis (NEC) in premature infants. Attorney Reck lectures around the country on the infant formula litigation that he started. He fights to protect the lives of preemies and advocates nationally for the mothers who are never told that cows milk baby formula or fortifier (Similac and Enfamil) could harm or kill their baby. His mission is to change the way preemies are fed. Attorney Reck believes that cows milk based formulas and fortifiers must be removed from the NICU to protect the preemies.
Graduating magna cum laude, Mr. Reck obtained his Juris Doctor from the Quinnipiac College School of Law, where he was editor-in-chief of the Law Review. Mr. Reck earned his LL.M degree from the Columbia University School of Law, where he was the recipient of the Harlan Fiske Stone Scholarship.
Actively affiliated with prominent legal organizations, Mr. Reck is a member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, The National Trial Lawyers, and The New London County Bar Association. He is a professional negligence member of the American Association for Justice. Mr. Reck is licensed to practice in the states of Connecticut, and Rhode Island.
Mr. Reck lectures at many prominent seminars about valuable legal skills, jury selections, and Mass Torts. He was previously an adjunct professor at Quinnipiac College School of Law, teaching legal skills. Honored for his remarkable work in the legal field, Mr. Reck has an AV Preeminent* peer review rating on Martindale Hubbell and a 10 rating on Avvo.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Informed consent, Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Motor vehicle defects, Medical devices, Pharmaceutical
- 30% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 30% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1991, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.babyformulalawyers.com/attorneys/stephen-m-reck/
- LLM Degree in 1995 from Columbia University School of Law
- The Law firm of Stephen M. Reck and Scott D. Camassar, LLC has obtained numerous jury verdicts and settlements of over $1,000,000 in car and truck accident cases as well as medical malpractice cases. Insurance companies are difficult, and they often offer zero or low ball amounts. We are known for taking these difficult cases to trial and winning. If we believe in the case and our clients, we will take their case to trial
- Multi-million dollar Jury verdicts and settlements. , 2022
- Member, New London County Bar Association
- Member, Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- New York
- New Jersey
- Rhode Island
- Professional Negligence Member, American Association of Justice
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Columbia University School of Law, 1995
- Editor-in-Chief, Quinnipiac College School of Law, Quinnipiac Law Review, 1991
- Adjunct Professor, Legal Skills, Quinnipiac College School of Law
- Columbia University School of Law, LLM, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, 1995
Office location for Stephen M. Reck
391 Norwich-Westerly Road
North Stonington, CT 06359
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022