Alicia P. Chalumeau
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Norwalk, CT
Selected to Rising Stars: 2013 - 2019
Attorney Alicia P. Chalumeau of Chalumeau Law Group, LLC, in Norwalk, Connecticut, primarily devotes her practice to family law. Ms. Chalumeau represents clients in the Norwalk, Fairfield, Greenwich, Stamford and Westport areas of Connecticut in matters involving divorce, child custody, child support, paternity, property division and more.
Along with family law, Ms. Chalumeau litigates in the area of personal injury law. She has handled a variety of complex matters in both areas, as well as in other areas of general civil litigation.
Ms. Chalumeau graduated from Hofstra University Maurice A. Deane School of Law and was inducted into the Pi Gamma Mu honor society in 2002. She has been licensed to practice law in Connecticut since 2009 and in the state of New York since 2010. Her prior legal experience includes serving as a judicial intern for the Supreme Court of the State of New York and as an attorney at a private Norwalk-based firm.
Active both in and outside of her legal practice, Ms. Chalumeau has spoken at paralegal seminars and Law Day activities of 2011 and 2013. She has also authored articles that have appeared in the New York State Bar Association’s e-newsletter regarding the impact of race-focused student groups and a guide to filing New York court papers.
Ms. Chalumeau is a member of several professional organizations including the Fairfield County Bar Association (in which she serves on the board of directors), the Connecticut Bar Association and the American Bar Association. She also serves as a co-chair of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association.
About Alicia P. Chalumeau
First Admitted: 2009, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: http://www.chalumeaulawgroup.com/attorneys/alicia-p-chalumea...
- Pace University, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Business, 2003
- Super Lawyers, Connecticut Rising Stars
- Lecturer, "Organization for the Modern Day Paralegal", Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, 2005
- Pace University, Undergraduate Ceremony, Commencement Address, 2013
- Presenter, "Realizing The Dream: Equality for All", Fairfield County Bar Association, 2013
- Presenter, "John Adams: From Boston to Guantanamo", Fairfield County Bar Association, 2011
- Lecturer, "Important Changes Every Paralegal Should Know", Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, 2006
- "A Law Clerk's Guide to Surviving Filing Papers in New York's Courts", New York State Bar Association, 2008
- "Are student body organizations centered on race and culture hindering students from building more ethnic and culturally diverse relationships?", New York State Bar Association, 2009
- Lecturer, 2005, Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, “Organization for the Modern Day Paralegal”
Pro bono/Community Service
- Hofstra University Housing Rights Clinic
- Connecticut Legal Services, pro bono legal services
- President, Phoenix on Isaac Condominium Association, 2004 - Present
- Co-chair, Fairfield County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Committee
- Founder, CT Law Info Group, creators of "CT Code of Evidence" and "CT Family Law" for the iPhone and iPad
- Member, DC Bar Association
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Member, Connecticut Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Co-Chairman, Fairfield County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- Board of Directors, Fairfield County Bar Association, 2012
- Member, Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- District of Columbia
- Certified GAL/AMC, 2011
- Interesting article that discusses how technology can be used in the legal field. #technology #law #data… https://t.co/v21m0NcpXG
- #Lawyered #Lawyers #FamilyLaw #DivorceLawyer #LoveYourLawyerDay https://t.co/AxjjDNT9rq
- New Tennessee law on stalking! The law gives a judge the power to stop someone from filing additional abusive lawsu… https://t.co/oUeYQm9Oaf
- Do you remember when you joined Twitter? I do! #MyTwitterAnniversary https://t.co/7LJ5UtVxvC
Last Updated: 5/15/2022