Theodore N. Phillips, II
Top rated business & corporate attorney in Norwich, ConnecticutAttorney at Law, LLC
Practice Areas: Business & corporate, Civil litigation; view more
Licensed in Connecticut since: 1981
Education: University of Connecticut School of Law
Attorney at Law, LLC12 Case Street
Norwich, CT 06360 Visit website
The owner of his own law firm, Theodore N. Phillips II, provides representation to people and businesses in and around Eastern Connecticut in a variety of practice areas. In his business and corporate law practice, he furnishes advice and counsel at the outset as to the most appropriate form of legal entity to use for the new venture. Thereafter, Mr. Phillips files the applicable organizational documents with the secretary of state, and he prepares employment, shareholder, buy-sell and other documents. He also provides representation regarding the sale or purchase of a business, advice on business succession plans, risk management, branding and strategic planning, ongoing business matters, and he represents these clients when there are contract breaches or other types of disputes that end up in court. His business clients have included healthcare providers, car dealerships, financial institutions, retailers, manufacturers, and media outlets.
Mr. Phillips also regularly prepares and reviews wills and living, irrevocable, charitable and other forms of trust documents as well as financial and health care powers of attorney, and practices before Connecticut probate courts regarding decedent estates and other probate matters.
In his personal injury and wrongful death practice, he assists people who have been harmed by the negligence of other persons or entities. Mr. Phillips has a real estate background that encompasses the sale, acquisition, development and management of commercial and residential properties.
Born and raised in Norwich, Mr. Phillips attended Tufts University, where he majored in history and obtained a Bachelor of Arts cum laude in 1978. Returning to his home state, he pursued his legal education at the University of Connecticut School of Law, and he was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1981. Extremely active in his community, Mr. Phillips is the founding Chairman of the Greater Norwich Area Chamber of Commerce, and has served as Chairman of the Board of Norwich Free Academy, Otis Library, NFA Foundation, Inc., and several other community and charitable organizations. He is a Past President of the Norwich Rotary Club and received the Paul Harris Fellowship in recognition of his community service. He was also named the 50th annual Citizen of the Yearby the Eastern Connecticut Chamber of Commerce. He is a Past President of the New London County Bar Association. He is admitted to practice in Connecticut and before the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut.
Practice areasBusiness/corporate, Civil litigation: plaintiff
Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter s corporations, Contracts, Business organizations
- 60% Business/corporate
- 40% Civil litigation: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1981, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: http://www.norwichctlawyer.com/about/
- Named by the Connecticut Law Tribune in its 2012 year-end edition as one of a "Dozen Who Made a Difference" profiling achievements of attorneys in the State of Connecticut.
- Recipient of the Fifth Annual Ron Aliano Service Award.
- Lecturer, Hygienic Art, Inc., seminar on Artists and the Law
- Lecturer for groups and corporations regarding various business issues, including starting and growing a business, human resources matters, resolution of partnership conflicts.
- Lecturer, Greater Norwich Area Chamber of Commerce LEAD program (a course for young management), on Considerations in Development, Site Selection, Zoning and Overlay Districts, and the Permitting Process
- Past Trustee, Norwich Free Academy
- Past Co-Chair, Policies Committee, NFA
- Co-Chairman, Commercial Law, Young Lawyers Section, Connecticut Bar Association
- Corporator, Norwich Free Academy
- Past Co-Chair, Facilities Committee, NFA
- United States Tax Court
- Founding Chairman, Board Directors, The Greater Norwich Area Chamber of Commerce, Inc., 2004-2006
- Chairman, Board of Trustees, Norwich Free Academy, 2013
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- Past President, New London County Bar Association
- Ten-Year Volunteer Pin, Norwich-Quinebaug Unit, American Cancer Society
- 50th Annual Citizen of the Year, Eastern Connecticut Chamber of Commerce
- Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary Club
- President, Board of Trustees, N.F.A. Foundation, Inc.,1997-2009
- Past President for two terms, Board of Trustees, Otis Library
- Past Trustee, Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church Endowment Fund
- Corporator, By-Laws Revision Committee, William W. Backus Hospital
- Past Volunteer, CRIS radio
- Trustee, The Greater Norwich Area Business Industry Foundation
- Past President, Norwich-Quinebaug Unit, American Cancer Society
- Past Parish Council Member, Treasurer, Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church of Norwich, Connecticut
- Past Director, Business and Industry Foundation of Eastern Connecticut, Inc.
- Chairman, Otis Library's 150th Anniversary Committee
- Vice-Chairman, The Greater Norwich Area Business Industry Foundation
- Past President, Norwich Rotary Club
- Past Member, Board of Trustees, Otis Library
- Past Director, Easter Seals of Southeastern Connecticut
- Answer listener questions on Law Talk, a monthly call-in show, WICH 1310 AM radio.
- Member, Connecticut Songwriters' Association, BMI artist
- Arico Engineering, Inc.
- Uncas Health District
- United Community & Family Services, Inc.
- Russia2all.com (exclusive distributors of Vostok-Europe watches in North America)
- The American Group
- Eastern Connecticut Savings Bank
- Tufts University, Graduate, Cum Laude, 1978
- Norwich Free Academy, Graduate, 1974
Office location for Theodore N. Phillips, II
12 Case Street
Norwich, CT 06360
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2022