Courtney A. George
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Orange, CT
Selected to Rising Stars: 2011
Attorney Courtney A. George is a member of Marino, Zabel & Schellenberg, PLLC, in Orange, Connecticut. Ms. George concentrates her practice on employment law, representing clients throughout Connecticut.
Ms. George represents employers in a wide variety of matters, advising them on proper compliance with workplace matters, guiding them through investigations as well as representing them in litigation, arbitration and hearings before administrative agencies. She has experience with cases involving discipline, discharge, discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other issues in employment law.
An honors graduate of McGill University, Ms. George earned her law degree from Boston College Law School. She is qualified to appear before all Connecticut state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Outside of her law practice, Ms. George is an active participant in her legal community. She belongs to the Connecticut Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Section, Litigation Section, Women in the Law Section, and Diversity and Equity and Inclusion Committee. She is also a member of the American Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Section.
Serving her local community is important to Ms. George, as well. She sits on the board of the City Lights Art Gallery and Statewide Legal Services of Connecticut, and is involved with the Bridgeport Public Art Fund, the Bridgeport Downtown Special Services District and the Fairfield County’s Community Foundation.
The Best Lawyers in America has listed Ms. George in its publication several years in a row. In 2010, the Connecticut Law Tribune included her on its “Women in the Law” list and in 2019, Benchmark Litigation named her a “Labor & Employment Star.”
- 40%Employment & Labor: Employer
- 40%Employment Litigation: Defense
- 10%Estate & Trust Litigation
- 10%State, Local & Municipal
Wage & Hour Laws, Sexual Harassment, Labor Law, Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employer, Will Contests
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2011
About Courtney A. George
First Admitted: 2001, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.mzslaw.com/our-team/courtney-a-george/
- Connecticut Super Lawyers, Employment Litigation: Defense, 2013-2020
- Connecticut Law Tribune, Women in the Law, 2010
- Benchmark Litigation, Labor & Employment Star, 2019
- Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation: Labor and Employment, 2016-2020
- Best Lawyers in America®, Employment Law: Individuals, 2017-2020
Pro bono/Community Service
- Fairfield County Community Foundation, Fund for Women and Girls, Steering Committee Member
- Statewide Legal Services of Connecticut, Board Member
- Fairfield County Community Foundation, Advocacy Task Force Member
- City Lights Art Gallery, Board Member
- Bridgeport Public Art Fund, Committee Member
- Bridgeport Downtown Special Services District, Special Services and Marketing Committee
- American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Connecticut Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- McGill University, B.A., honors with distinction, 1990
- Small Business
- Special Education
Last Updated: 6/23/2022