Courtney A. George
Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in Orange, ConnecticutMarino, Zabel & Schellenberg, PLLC
Attorney Courtney A. George is a member of Marino, Zabel & Schellenberg, PLLC, in Orange, Connecticut. Ms. George concentrates her practice on employment law, representing clients throughout Connecticut.
Ms. George represents employers in a wide variety of matters, advising them on proper compliance with workplace matters, guiding them through investigations as well as representing them in litigation, arbitration and hearings before administrative agencies. She has experience with cases involving discipline, discharge, discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other issues in employment law.
An honors graduate of McGill University, Ms. George earned her law degree from Boston College Law School. She is qualified to appear before all Connecticut state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Outside of her law practice, Ms. George is an active participant in her legal community. She belongs to the Connecticut Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Section, Litigation Section, Women in the Law Section, and Diversity and Equity and Inclusion Committee. She is also a member of the American Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Section.
Serving her local community is important to Ms. George, as well. She sits on the board of the City Lights Art Gallery and is involved with the Bridgeport Public Art Fund. Ms. George has volunteered for the Quinnipiac University Law School Gateway to Practice program and was adjunct faculty in the Law School's 2022-2023 Foundations of Practice program.
has volunteered for the Quinnipiac University Law School Gateway to Practice program and was adjunct faculty in the 2022-2023 Foundations of Practice program.
Practice areasEmployment & Labor: Employer, Employment Litigation: Defense, State, Local & Municipal, Estate & Trust Litigation
Employment Discrimination, Employment Law - Employer, Labor Law, Retaliation, Sexual Harassment, State, Local & Municipal Litigation, Wage & Hour Laws, Will Contests, Wrongful Termination
- 30% Employment & Labor: Employer
- 40% Employment Litigation: Defense
- 20% State, Local & Municipal
- 10% Estate & Trust Litigation
First Admitted: 2001, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.mzslaw.com/our-team/courtney-a-george/
- Connecticut Super Lawyers, Employment Litigation: Defense, 2013-2020
- Connecticut Law Tribune, Women in the Law, 2010
- Benchmark Litigation, Labor & Employment Star, 2019
- Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation: Labor and Employment, 2016-2020
- Best Lawyers in America®, Employment Law: Individuals, 2017-2020
- City Lights Art Gallery, Board Member
- Bridgeport Public Art Fund, Committee Member
- American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Connecticut Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- McGill University, B.A., honors with distinction, 1990
- Small Business
- Special Education
Office location for Courtney A. George
657 Orange Center Rd
Orange, CT 06477
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2011