Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in Rocky Hill, CT
Dennis Durao is a partner at Rocky Hill, Connecticut-based Karsten & Tallberg, LLC. A highly regarded civil litigation defense attorney, he represents clients in the Greater Hartford metropolitan area and in other parts of the state.
Mr. Durao attended Wheaton College in Massachusetts as an undergraduate, where he majored in political science and was the captain of the men’s varsity soccer team before receiving a Bachelor of Arts in 2007. He then went on to pursue his legal education at Quinnipiac University School of Law. While he was there, Mr. Durao served as an editor of the Quinnipiac Health Law Journal before graduating magna cum laude with his Juris Doctor in 2012.
Since joining the firm in January 2013, Mr. Durao has devoted a great deal of his practice to the representation of public employees and entities that are facing civil claims. Many of his clients are police officers who have been accused of Section 1983 or state law violations, including false arrest, assault, malicious prosecutions and brutality. Other clients that Mr. Durao has worked with have included municipal agencies that are facing labor and employment lawsuits such as claims of discrimination governed by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and other laws, sexual harassment and retaliation.
Admitted to practice in Connecticut since 2012, Mr. Durao is additionally admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit. He is a member of the Connecticut Association of Municipal Attorneys and several other groups.
About Dennis Durao
First Admitted: 2012, Connecticut
- Wheaton College (MA), 2007
- Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2015
- District of Connecticut, 2013
- State of Connecticut, 2012
- Eastern District Of New York, 2016
Pro bono/Community Service
- Risk Manager/General Counsel - West Hartford Girls Soccer League, Inc., 2016
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Connecticut Law Tribune - New Leader in the Law, 2018
- This distinction spotlights attorneys under the age of 40 who have “excelled in the courtroom, in client service and cultivation, in service to bar associations and in performing pro bono work or community service in a volunteer capacity.” , New Leader in the Law, Connecticut Law Tribune, 2018
Last Updated: 5/15/2022