Angelo A. Ziotas
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Stamford, ConnecticutSilver Golub & Teitell LLP
A partner at Silver Golub & Teitell LLP, Angelo A. Ziotas focuses his practice primarily on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. Since 1998, he has been certified in civil trial law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, and he is admitted to practice in Connecticut and Rhode Island, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States. Mr. Ziotas represents clients throughout Connecticut from the firm’s main office in Stamford.
Mr. Ziotas’s personal injury clients are people who have suffered harm as a result of the negligence of other parties. Many of his cases have arisen out of incidents involving medical malpractice, and he has been able to secure millions of dollars in compensation for these clients through both jury awards and settlements that he has negotiated outside of court with defendants and their insurance companies. In one such matter involving a birth injury, Mr. Ziotas secured a verdict of $38.5 million to compensate a child who incurred severe neurological damage during the delivery process.
Outside of the medical malpractice area, Mr. Ziotas has handled personal injury cases involving premises liability and truck and motor vehicle crashes, and he has met with similar success, including a $10.4 million settlement for a child who suffered a severe brain injury after nearly drowning at a summer camp that was supervised by municipal employees. He has also worked on business litigation and insurance bad faith matters, and his superb track record in all of these endeavors has earned him numerous honors, including an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. He is a cum laude graduate of the University of Connecticut School of Law.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Business litigation
- 70% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Business litigation
First Admitted: 1991, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.sgtlaw.com/attorney/angelo-a-ziotas/
- Connecticut College, New London, Major in Biology, Minor in Biochemistry
- Trial Practice, Traumatic Brain Injuries and Other Personal Injury Topics, Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Settlement of $8.5 million for a small Connecticut business to compensate for losses caused by a component part manufacturer.
- One of the largest jury verdicts in Connecticut history when a Stamford jury awarded his clients $38.5 million in order to compensate a young boy who suffered severe neurological injuries during childbirth.
- Settlement of $10.4 million for a young child who suffered a severe brain injury during a near drowning at a town supervised summer camp.
- Settlement of $14.75 million for a victim of egregious medical malpractice.
- "Local Litigation Star" as designated by the publication Benchmark Litigation
- American Association of Justice Above and Beyond Award
- Board certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- American Association for Justice (Chairman, Litigation Group, 1993-1997)
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association (Member, Board of Governors; Secretary, 2011-present; Parliamentarian, 2010-2011; President, 2014-2015)
- Rhode Island
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Fairfield County Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Connecticut Bar Association
Office location for Angelo A. Ziotas
1 Landmark Square
Stamford, CT 06901
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
Top listsTop 50: Connecticut Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2012, 2015 - 2022
- Top 50: 2022 Connecticut Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2021 Connecticut Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2020 Connecticut Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2019 Connecticut Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2018 Connecticut Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2017 Connecticut Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2016 Connecticut Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2015 Connecticut Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2012 Connecticut Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2011 Connecticut Super Lawyers