Timothy M. Pletter
Top Rated Bankruptcy Attorney in Stratford, CT
The managing member of Ambrogio, Pletter & Associates, LLC, Timothy M. Pletter focuses his practice primarily on bankruptcy and other forms of debt relief. From his office in Stratford, Connecticut, he provides representation to small-business owners and consumers throughout the area who are overwhelmed by their financial obligations. Mr. Pletter also has experience in real estate transactions, business formation, plaintiff's personal injury, will preparation and estate administration.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Pletter attended Brandeis University and in 1992 received a Bachelor of Arts cum laude in history and American studies. He then pursued his legal education at the Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1995. With his current firm since that time, Mr. Pletter is admitted to practice before all Connecticut and New York state courts, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut.
Throughout his career, Mr. Pletter has earned the high regard of his fellow professionals for his track record and high degree of ethics. This is reflected by his receipt of an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. In 2012, Mr. Pletter was named to New York Magazine's annual list of New York Area's Top Rated Lawyers. Fairfield Living Magazine has also recognized him as one of Fairfield County's top bankruptcy lawyers. An active participant in a variety of legal organizations, Mr. Pletter is a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys and the Consumer Law and Bankruptcy Section of the Connecticut Bar Association.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Bankruptcy Law, Business Organizations, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Mortgage & Refinance, Short Sale
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
About Timothy M. Pletter
First Admitted: 1995, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.ambrogiopletter.com/attorney/timothy-m-pletter/
- Author, Inside the Minds: Mortgage Issues and Other Factors in Today's Chapter 7 Filings, Aspatore Books, 2013
- Speaker, Foreclosures in Connecticut, Foreclosure Mediation Program, 2009
- Top Lawyers, Bankruptcy, Fairfield Living Magazine, 2012-2013
- AV Preeminent Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2010
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2014
- The New York Area's Top Lawyers, New York Magazine, 2012
- Top Lawyers, Connecticut Law Tribune, 2014
- Best of Fairfield County, Fairfield Advocate, 2011
- Bridgeport Bar Association, Member, 1995 - Present
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1996
- Connecticut Bar Association, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section, Member, 1995
- New York, 1996
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA), Member, 2005
- Connecticut, 1995
Pro bono/Community Service
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court District of Connecticut, Pro Bono Panel, Member, 1996
- Attorney Pletter explains loan modifications and the Foreclosure Mediation Program, Foreclosure Mediation Program
- Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts, B.A., Honors: cum laude, Major: History, Major: American Studies, 1992
- New 5.0-star Review: "Attorney Pletter made me feel as I was a family member. His concern for my case and... https://t.co/ALJweobcvZ
- New 5.0-star Review: "I highly recommend Tim Pletter. He is intelligent, professional, caring and I felt I had... https://t.co/UzATcFucDt
- Are you struggling to pay credit card debt? #creditcarddebt #bankruptcy #lawyer #ctlawyer #foreclosure https://t.co/SQUuauVcmr
Last Updated: 7/19/2022