Top rated Medical Malpractice attorney in Waterbury, ConnecticutTrantolo & Trantolo, LLC
Paul T. Edwards is the founder member of Edwards Trial Law, LLC, where he focuses on a wide range of personal injury issues, particularly motor vehicle accidents and medical malpractice. He also represents injured clients or their families in defective products, premises liability, workplace injury, catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases. Mr. Edwards accepts cases throughout western and central Connecticut, including Danbury and New Britain, as well as Hartford and Fairfield counties.
Mr. Edwards was educated at the College of William and Mary and Quinnipiac University School of Law. He is admitted to practice law throughout Connecticut, including the Connecticut Appellate Court and the Connecticut Supreme Court, and the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut. Mr. Edwards also is admitted to the United States Court of Federal Claims (Vaccine Court).
Prior to focusing his practice on representing injury victims and their families, Mr. Edwards defended doctors and hospitals in medical malpractice claims. His experience in this area has given him, and therefore his clients, an advantage, because he can anticipate the strategy of the other side in the case. As a result, Mr. Edwards has obtained multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements for his clients on numerous occasions. His clients appreciate him for not only his direct and honest approach to their issues but also for his sense of compassion and understanding during what is often a difficult and stressful time.
A strong commitment to outstanding customer service and the highest ethical standards has resulted in numerous peer recognitions for Mr. Edwards. He has been recognized multiple times in The Best Lawyers in America and has earned a membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an honor that fewer than 1 percent of United States attorneys have achieved.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 50% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 40% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1991, Connecticut
- College of William & Mary, B.A., Government, 1988
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2011
- Member, Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association Board of Governors, 2016
- Commissioner, New Britain Housing Authority, 2020
- President, Greater Danbury Bar Association
- Treasurer, Greater Danbury Bar Association, 2016
- U.S. District Court (District of Connecticut)
- Member, Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Medical Malpractice Committee, 2016
- State of Connecticut
- Member, Connecticut Trial Lawyer's Association, Autonomous Vehicle Committee, 2017
- Vice President, Greater Danbury Bar Association, 2017
- $315,000 settlement with United States Post Office for injury victim struck from behind by postal truck., 2020
- $600,000 settlement for student injured when struck by a car after being dropped off at wrong bus stop, 2019
- Multimillion dollar settlement in multi-party case arising from death of pedestrian attending a public sporting event., 2015
- $1,350,000 settlement with hospital for failing to timely diagnose and properly treat an infection at an IV site that cause eventually led to osteomyelitis of a newborn's hip and leaving the infant permanent disabled.
- $900,000 settlement in case involving pedstrian struck and killed by vehicle., 2016
- $630,000 settlement in case involving improperly performed spine surgery., 2014
- $1.2 million settlement for parcel delivery worker who slipped and fell on icy driveway dislocating and fracturing ankle., 2014
- $600,000 combined settlement arising from fall down in department store and subsequent medical complications., 2014
- $5.25 million dollar settlement with hospital and surgeon in connection with a failure to diagnose and treat an occluded iliac artery following abdominal surgery which forced the patient to undergo an above-knee amputation of leg., 2009
- $200,000 settlement from dog owner for elderly client who suffered fractured hip when attacked by dog., 2013
- $2.5 million dollar settlement in wrongful death medical malpractice case versus a hospital., 2012
- $1.56 million jury verdict against hospital’s director of pathology who falsely diagnosed cancer causing the plaintiff to lose a large portion of his lung in surgery. Upon removal of the tissue, it was determined that no cancer was present.
- $543,000 verdict against orthopedic surgeon for performing unnecessary cervical spine surgery resulting in damage to C6-T nerve root., 2010
- $1,200,000 settlement from internist and emergency room physician for failing to timely diagnose and treat and impending stroke, leaving the patient with permanent cognitive and physical neurologic deficits.
- $1.3 million dollar settlement (maximum liability insurance available) in motorcyclist wrongful death crash., 2014
- $3.6 million settlement, resulting in over $10,000,000 of lifetime benefits, against a Connecticut hospital and obstetrician for birth injuries resulting from a delayed cesarean section.
- $575,000 settlement for client who sustained 2 lumbar vertebrae compression fractures when a temporary wall fell over on top of him., 2013
- American Association For Justice
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Greater Danbury Bar Association
Office location for Paul Edwards
130 Scott Rd
Waterbury, CT 06705
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2011, 2013 - 2023